    have a nice day :)
    --
    { Kelvin@!!! }

    Kelvin Chan, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Kelvin Chan

    Tony S Guest

    No you are an idiot and you don't know how to post in here. (Just kidding
    but I thought I would save the other idiots in here the trouble)

    I use Deitel's C++ How to Program Fourth Edition.

    "Kelvin Chan" <> wrote in message
    > hi everyone
    > im wondering if there is a book about C++ which is rated must-read like

    the
    > "C programming language 2nd ed." on C?
    > im a EE student and have a strong background in C.
    >
    > Please give me some advice on choosing a C++ book. im totally lost right

    now

    Tony S, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Kelvin Chan wrote:

    > hi everyone
    > im wondering if there is a book about C++ which is rated must-read like
    > the "C programming language 2nd ed." on C?
    > im a EE student and have a strong background in C.
    >
    > Please give me some advice on choosing a C++ book. im totally lost right
    > now cuz there are really way too many books on C++.
    > and i'm really appreciated if you can share some websites on C++ with me.
    > Thank you very much.
    > have a nice day :)

    The FAQ for this newsgroup has some books listed.
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/
    I'll also suggest looking at the "Netiquette when posting to comp.lang.c++"
    item, so you will understand a bit about the eccentric culture found
    herein.

    It sounds to me the book you should read is _The C++ Programming Language
    Special Edition_ http://www.research.att.com/~bs/3rd.html It is the K&R of
    C++. Well, except that there is no K&R for C++.

    There's no easy answer. C++ is much larger than C, and is probably the most
    complex general purpose programming language ever created.

    --
    p->m == (*p).m == p[0].m
    http://www.kdevelop.org

    Steven T. Hatton, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Kelvin Chan

    Kelvin Chan Guest

    thank you very much.
    the FAQ is pretty helpful.

    woow.. "eccentric culture" haha.
    sounds pretty interesting

    --
    { Kelvin@!!! }

    Kelvin Chan, Apr 8, 2004
  5. Kelvin Chan

    Jon Bell Guest

    In article <Tn3dc.47281$oR5.40087@pd7tw3no>,
    Kelvin Chan <> wrote:
    >im wondering if there is a book about C++ which is rated must-read like the
    >"C programming language 2nd ed." on C?
    >im a EE student and have a strong background in C.

    No question about it: "The C++ Programming Language", 3rd edition (or the
    "special edition" if you want the hardback), by Bjarne Stroustrup, the
    creator of C++.

    For a tutorial introduction to C++ that focuses on the cool stuff in the
    standard library (unlike most other C++ tutorials), check out Koenig and
    Moo's "Accelerated C++."

    --
    Jon Bell <> Presbyterian College

    Jon Bell, Apr 8, 2004
  6. Tony S wrote:
    > No you are an idiot and you don't know how to post in here. (Just kidding
    > but I thought I would save the other idiots in here the trouble)
    >
    > I use Deitel's C++ How to Program Fourth Edition.
    >
    > "Kelvin Chan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>hi everyone
    >>im wondering if there is a book about C++ which is rated must-read like

    > the
    >
    >>"C programming language 2nd ed." on C?
    >>im a EE student and have a strong background in C.
    >>
    >>Please give me some advice on choosing a C++ book. im totally lost right

    > now
    >
    >>cuz there are really way too many books on C++.
    >>and i'm really appreciated if you can share some websites on C++ with me.
    >>Thank you very much.
    >>have a nice day :)
    >>--
    >>{ Kelvin@!!! }

    Regarding being an idiot, have you read the FAQ and welcome.txt,
    especially about not top-posting?

    --
    Thomas Matthews

    C++ newsgroup welcome message: