Please help me to pass a file!

Daniel Johansson

Hello everyone

Im am trying to pass a binary file from a web service to a
client.(managed c++)
I wan´t to use dataset.
If I put down the files in a dataset I loose information
I got the tip the use DIME
It doesn´t work.
Not with WSE 1.0 SP1 or WSE 2.0
If I choose to enable the WSE on "WSE Settings" under the "Project"
I get the errormessage
"The WSE must be installed to enable this feature"
can this be of importance? Do I need a service pack 2 to .NET?
Have I missed anything during the installation process?
Are there any other possibility to:

"pass a binary file in a dataset from a web service to a client"

This is my problem, and it must have been solved before, again, the
problem
must have been solved before. I can´t be the first person with this
problem.

Hence my question is? Is this even possible? I´m pretty sure that I use
a correct
syntax, I have been in contact with Christian Meyer, MVP and he is also
pretty sure
that my code is accurate.

With the upmost highest regards

// Daniel

hs

Hi Daniel
Not sure if this helps. Is your objective to pass a binary file as a Dime
attachment?
If yes. Then just attach this bin file directly to dime. e.g.

C#
string filePath = "C:/myBinaryFile.bin";

DimeAttachment attchment = new DimeAttachment("application/octet-stream",
TypeFormatEnum.MediaType, filePath);
HttpSoapContext.ResponseContext.Attachments.Clear();
HttpSoapContext.ResponseContext.Attachments.Add(attachment);

Frank Drebin

I am pretty sure the form that submits the file needs to post a content-type
"form/multi-part"... crap, or whatever it's called.. it needs to tell your
page, that it's a multi-part MIME page, and not just some form elements..

Least helpful post. Ever. Sorry!! hth