    I installed a compiler. How can i make it run. Can anyone help me by
    saying how to set path to make it work?

    , Dec 6, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I installed a compiler. How can i make it run. Can anyone help me by
    > saying how to set path to make it work?

    [off topic]
    What is the name of the compiler? Have you ever used any other C++
    compiler before that?
    Details vary from compiler to compiler, so it is difficult to give
    generic answer.

    Neelesh Bodas, Dec 6, 2005

  3. * :
    > I installed a compiler. How can i make it run. Can anyone help me by
    > saying how to set path to make it work?

    Mostly off-topic, but:

    <url:
    http://home.no.net/dubjai/win32cpptut/html/w32cpptut_01_01_03.html>,

    which judging from your message headers (Windows) will probably help
    you.

    --
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

    Alf P. Steinbach, Dec 6, 2005
  4. benben Guest

    wrote:
    > I installed a compiler. How can i make it run. Can anyone help me by
    > saying how to set path to make it work?

    try to reach the shell/command prompt, type in the name of the compiler
    executable, followed by the name of the (presumably C++) source file
    name (qualified by full path). Hit enter.

    If that doesn't work or you don't know the executable name, you need to
    tell us what compiler you have just downloaded.

    Or better, read the compiler manual.

    Ben

    benben, Dec 6, 2005