Please help me with linking libraries on Solaris 10 sparc

idev

Hi all,
Please help me with my stuff.

I downloaded python 2.5.1 package from http://blastwave.org it was
compiled using Sun Studio 11 for Solaris 8 sparc.

My system is Solaris 10 sparc and I compiled using SunStudio 11
psycopg2 python binding for PostgreSQL 8.3.1.

Compilation was OK, but when I am trying to import psycopg2 I am
getting this error:

$ python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Nov 3 2007, 02:54:52) [C] on sunos5
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line
60, in <module>
from _psycopg import BINARY, NUMBER, STRING, DATETIME, ROWID
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/csw/
lib/python/site-packages/psycopg2/_psycopg.so: symbol round:
referenced symbol not found

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Ralf Schönian

idev said:
[...]

Hi,

maybe a stupid question - but why don't you want to use the "official"
package? You can download it here:
http://sunfreeware.mirrors.tds.net/indexsparc10.html

Regards,
Ralf

Martin v. Löwis

lib/python/site-packages/psycopg2/_psycopg.so: symbol round:
referenced symbol not found

You need to link _psycopg.so with the math library, -lm.

Regards,
Martin

idev

idev schrieb:

Hi all,
Please help me with my stuff.
I downloaded python 2.5.1 package fromhttp://blastwave.orgit was
compiled using Sun Studio 11 for Solaris 8 sparc.
My system is Solaris 10 sparc and I compiled using SunStudio 11
psycopg2 python binding for PostgreSQL 8.3.1.
Compilation was OK, but when I am trying to import psycopg2 I am
getting this error:
$ python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Nov 3 2007, 02:54:52) [C] on sunos5
import psycopg2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/opt/csw/lib/python/site-packages/psycopg2/__init__.py", line
60, in <module>
from _psycopg import BINARY, NUMBER, STRING, DATETIME, ROWID
ImportError: ld.so.1: python: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/csw/
lib/python/site-packages/psycopg2/_psycopg.so: symbol round:
referenced symbol not found
Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Hi,

maybe a stupid question - but why don't you want to use the "official"
package? You can download it here:http://sunfreeware.mirrors.tds.net/indexsparc10.html

Regards,
Ralf

I am trying to deploy Django env (apache2.x prefork MPM; mod_python
3.3.1; python 2.5.1; postgresql 8.3.x; psycopg2-2.0.7; subversion
1.4.5.x; openssl 0.98;) on Solaris 10 sparc box.
You are right they have pretty much everything what I need except
mod_python and psycopg2. So the first problem was PostgreSQL. It was
compiled without (--with-thread-safety) just ./configure. I compiled
psycopg2 by myself using gcc but I couldn't compile mod_pyhon by some
reasons. That is why I switched to blastwave.org they have everything
what I need except psycopg2. I compiled it by my self. And now I am
having the ld problems and I don't know how to resolve it.

Martin v. Löwis

Martin, could you please tell me how to do this, I am pretty new in

It's fairly complicated, so I'm not sure I can give you the full
tutorial in a Usenet message.

In essence, you need to spot the linker line in the build process,
(e.g. by the -o option to the compiler), and add -lm to it.

If you cannot do this on your own, I recommend you hire somebody
who can.

Regards,
Martin

idev

It's fairly complicated, so I'm not sure I can give you the full
tutorial in a Usenet message.

In essence, you need to spot the linker line in the build process,
(e.g. by the -o option to the compiler), and add -lm to it.

If you cannot do this on your own, I recommend you hire somebody
who can.

Regards,
Martin

Thanks Martin,