    doesn't work (why the android doesn't answer)

    thanks,

    snir.

    Snir, Dec 31, 2003

  2. Snir

    brucie Guest

    in post <news:>
    Snir said:

    > listen i need the following:

    ^^^^^^ please

    > a: an opinion on my site http://www.snirweb.com

    it is unusable. everything from massive sized images to "kewl" effects.
    over 2 minutes and all i see is the site logo, a row of little pics, an
    annoying thing following my mouse around and snow. if you were designing
    a site to do everything wrong then you've succeeded.

    at 3 minutes i shut the browser down because its consuming so many
    resources i cant do anything else on the computer.

    if i turn JS and flash off i can access your content in about 8 seconds.

    > e: most important of all --- an answer to why the text to speech link
    > doesn't work (why the android doesn't answer)

    it worked when i tried it and yes, i'm still wondering why i waited 8
    minutes to discover that.

    --
    brucie
    31/December/2003 04:27:56 pm kilo

    brucie, Dec 31, 2003

  3. Snir

    Steven Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > in post <news:>
    > Snir said:
    >
    > > listen i need the following:

    > ^^^^^^ please

    @Brucie
    He said please in the subject line (which for the rest was completely
    useless).

    @Snir
    Subject lines are supposed to give a clue about the.. err.. subject.
    I had the page open for st like 2 seconds, that is until I saw the smiley
    next to the cursor. You'll have to get rid of that if you want me to come
    back. It's childish and distracting, and it doesn't add any value. A real
    turn-off.

    Steven, Dec 31, 2003
  4. Snir

    Richard Guest

    Steven wrote:

    > "brucie" <> wrote in message
    >> in post <news:>
    >> Snir said:
    >>
    > >> listen i need the following:

    >> ^^^^^^ please
    >>

    > @Brucie
    > He said please in the subject line (which for the rest was completely
    > useless).

    > @Snir
    > Subject lines are supposed to give a clue about the.. err.. subject.
    > I had the page open for st like 2 seconds, that is until I saw the smiley
    > next to the cursor. You'll have to get rid of that if you want me to come
    > back. It's childish and distracting, and it doesn't add any value. A real
    > turn-off.

    Spoilsports. You two guys never have no fun.
    Brucie......you need a better ISP.
    Steve.....he did say he was a teenager ok?

    Richard, Dec 31, 2003
  5. Snir

    Richard Guest

    Snir wrote:

    > hey guys.

    two problems:
    1) you're directing the page through aol.
    <frameset rows="100%,*" id="dd_frameset_0001">
    <frame src="http://members.aol.com/shaqman26/home.html"
    name="dd_content_0001" frameborder="0" framespacing="0" noresize="noresize"
    title="snirweb.com" scrolling="yes" />
    <frame src="/blank-IGNORE.html" frameborder="0" framespacing="0"
    noresize="noresize" title="blank page" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0"
    marginheight="0" />
    <noframes>

    Why? you have your own domain, use it.

    2) You're stealing directly from another source.

    http://vhost.oddcast.com/vhost_minisite/demos/tts/tts_example.html

    You don't go around copying other people's work and slapping it up without
    making some adjustments.
    Not to mention getting permission to use it.
    In order for the voice to work properly, you need the coding installed on
    that page, which you apparently do not have.

    When I enter the true source as above, the voice works.
    You have learned copy and paste, now learn what that the letters .js stand
    for.

    Richard, Dec 31, 2003
  6. Snir

    rf Guest

    "Snir" <> wrote in message
    > hey guys.
    >
    > listen i need the following:
    >
    > a: an opinion on my site www.snirweb.com

    Get rid of those bloody snowflakes, and that wart that follows the cursor
    around.

    > e: most important of all --- an answer to why the text to speech link
    > doesn't work (why the android doesn't answer)

    You already mentioned this.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 31, 2003
  7. Snir

    rf Guest

    rf, Dec 31, 2003
  8. Snir

    > Brucie......you need a better ISP.

    brucie lives in an area where thare aren't any better ISPs.

    Do **** off now.

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Dec 31, 2003