Please help me!!!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ashkan Ferdowsy, Aug 15, 2004.

  1. --0-1542191201-1092595574=:18647

    Hello dear friends.

    I am a robocupper and I want to work with rcssserver3D(Robocup Soccer Simulation Server 3D) .

    I have installed this server but when I try to run it I see the following :

    arashk@linux:~> rcsoccersim3D

    rcssserver3d 0.3pre

    Copyright (C) 2002, 2003 Koblenz University.

    2003, 2004 RoboCup Soccer Server 3D Maintenance Group.

    (ScriptServer) Running /usr/local/share/rcssserver3d/zeitgeist.rb... (ScriptServer) updating cached script variables

    ok

    (ScriptServer) Running /usr/local/share/rcssserver3d/oxygen.rb... (ScriptServer) updating cached script variables

    ok

    (SharedLibrary) Opening filesystemstd.so

    (SharedLibrary) Opening sexpparser.so

    (SharedLibrary) Opening soccer.so

    (ScriptServer) Running /home/arashk/.rcssserver3d/rcssserver3D.rb... (FileServer) successfully mounted a 'FileSystemSTD' at 'data/'

    (MonitorServer) Registered monitor system 'SexpMonitor'

    (ScriptServer) updating cached script variables

    ok

    SPADES Simulation Engine, version 1.0

    Copyright (C) 2002, 2003, 2004 Patrick Riley, see COPYRIGHT for full information

    Using integrated communication server

    Connected Communication Server 0

    Initialization completed...

    (ScriptServer) Running /usr/local/share/rcssserver3d/zeitgeist.rb... (ScriptServer) updating cached script variables

    ok

    (ScriptServer) Running /usr/local/share/rcssserver3d/oxygen.rb... (ScriptServer) updating cached script variables

    ok

    rcssmonitor3D-lite written by

    Heni Ben Amor, Oliver Obst, Christoph Ringelstein, Markus Rollmann, and Jan Murray;

    Copyright (C) 2003 Universitaet Koblenz, Germany.

    Copyright (C) 2004 The RoboCup Soccer Server Maintenance Group.

    (SharedLibrary) Opening sexpparser.so

    (CommUnit) connecting to localhost:12001

    (CommUnit) connected successfully

    New monitor connect 1

    Engine Status: PAUSED simtime=0 events=0 mean simtime/sec=0

    (SpadesServer) waiting for a total of 1 CommServers, 1 already connected

    SpadesServer::StartAgents(foo, 11)

    SpadesServer::StartAgents(bar, 11)

    Unpausing simulation...

    (SpadesServer) Starting 22 agents

    with an CreateSenseEvent offset of 0.909091 (0.00909091 seconds)

    starting at simTime 1

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 0)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 0) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 1

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 1)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 1) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 1

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 2)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 2) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 2

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 3)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 3) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 3

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 4)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 4) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 4

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 5)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 5) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 5

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 6)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 6) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 6

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 7)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 7) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 7

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 8)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 8) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 8

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 9)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 9) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 9

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 10)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 10) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 10

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 11)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 11) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 11

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 12)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 12) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 11

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 13)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 13) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 12

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 14)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 14) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 13

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 15)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 15) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 14

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 16)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 16) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 15

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 17)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 17) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 16

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 18)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 18) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 17

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 19)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 19) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 18

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 20)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (SpadesServer) agentConnect (id 20) at simlation time 0.

    Initial CreateSenseEvent scheduled at 19

    (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 21)

    (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'

    (eval):109: [BUG] Segmentation fault

    ruby 1.8.1 (2003-12-25) [i686-linux]

    /usr/local/bin/rcsoccersim3D: line 34: 8845 Aborted ${SIMULATOR} ${PARAM}

    /usr/local/bin/rcsoccersim3D: line 34: 8847 Killed ${MONITOR}

    /usr/local/bin/rcsoccersim3D: line 5: kill: (8845) - No such process

    arashk@linux:~>

    I think it means that the ruby-1.8.1 doesn’t installed correctly (doesn’t it ?)

    My ruby is ruby-1.8.1.tar.gz and my installation way is :

    /configure

    delete all ‘#’ marks before moduls name from ‘ext/setup’

    make

    make install

    Now if you can please help me and tell what is wrong ?

    Regards.
    Ashkan Ferdowsy
    Iran - Islamic Azad University of Qazvin
    Computer student - Software

    --0-1542191201-1092595574=:18647--
    Ashkan Ferdowsy, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Something is coredumping in your Ruby build. I recommend trying Ruby
    1.8.2 preview2. Don't modify the commented lines directly; use the
    --enable options in ./configure.

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler *
    * Alternate:
    Austin Ziegler, Aug 15, 2004

  3. --0-294432304-1092597935=:93196

    Hello
    With espicial thanks from Austin
    please describe your mail .
    you said about --enable . can you describe more?

    Ashkan Ferdowsy, Aug 15, 2004
  4. On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 04:26:50 +0900, Ashkan Ferdowsy
    <> wrote:
    > Hello
    > With espicial thanks from Austin
    > please describe your mail .
    > you said about --enable . can you describe more?

    I recommend just running:

    % tar xvfz ruby-1.8.2.-preview2.tar.gz
    % cd ruby-1.8.2
    % ./configure

    That will take care of 95% of cases. If it doesn't, you'll need to do
    "./configure --help" and tweak the values you find there.

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler *
    * Alternate:
    Austin Ziegler, Aug 15, 2004
  5. Ashkan Ferdowsy

    Phlip Guest

    Ashkan Ferdowsy wrote:

    > With espicial thanks from Austin
    > please describe your mail .
    > you said about --enable . can you describe more?

    The mailing list that supports this "rcssserver3D Robocup Soccer" thing
    would be much more qualified to answer this.

    Austin recommended recompiling Ruby from its source, using
    ../configure --help to learn which --enable options it supports.

    Don't do that unless you know what he's talking about. The author of this
    rcssserver3D thing probably subscribes to the mailing list that supports it,
    so start there. This could be a frequently-asked question that won't require
    compiling Ruby with its debug options turned on, then poring over logs for
    weeks.

    --
    Phlip
    Phlip, Aug 15, 2004
  6. Ashkan Ferdowsy

    Eric Hodel Guest

    --UXMJB0aDqGdn9A0V

    Ashkan Ferdowsy () wrote:

    >=20
    > Hello dear friends.
    >=20
    > I am a robocupper and I want to work with rcssserver3D(Robocup Soccer
    > Simulation Server 3D) .
    >=20
    > I have installed this server but when I try to run it I see the following=

    :=20

    [snip]

    > (GameControlServer) a new agent connected (id: 21)
    >=20
    > (AgentAspect) created CreateEffector 'CreateEffector'
    >=20
    > (eval):109: [BUG] Segmentation fault
    >=20
    > ruby 1.8.1 (2003-12-25) [i686-linux]

    Well, there's probably a bug in rcssserver3D. Can you give a
    backtrace from the core dump?

    --=20
    Eric Hodel - - http://segment7.net
    All messages signed with fingerprint:
    FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E 7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

    --UXMJB0aDqGdn9A0V

    --UXMJB0aDqGdn9A0V--
    Eric Hodel, Aug 15, 2004