Please Help, NEWBIE, .net, .apsx, access external site messes up data access when using firewall

Guest

This is a strange problem.

I have a website that uses .aspx and c-sharp, it requires a login via a
form, if I access this form remotely over the internet and supply it with
my credientials everything works fine, if I access it in the exact same
manner however using my linksys router then I' m unable to login. it seems
to hang upon verifiying my creditials up against the sql database which I
access within my login.aspx for. The portion of my web.config file which
controls this looks like this:

<authentication mode="Forms">

<forms name=".ASPXCOOKIEDEMO" loginUrl="login.aspx" protection="All"
timeout="30" path="/" requireSSL="false">

</forms>

</authentication>

what confuses me is that the data it accesses is local ( Sql Server ) to the
machine that it is also running the .aspx login form. Why would me being
behind a firewall when accessing this have anything to do with this.. as
all transaction I thought would be local and then just present me with the
logged in page.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

thanks, Rob..

Nick Malik

May have more to do with your browser settings or a pop-up blocker on your
home PC than with the linksys router.

Your site requires a cookie. When login is successful, the website will
respond with a redirect HTTP request, complete with an authentication
cookie. Either your browser is not redirecting, or it is not passing back
the cookie.

Take a look at your browser settings.
--- Nick

Guest

the only thing I change is running my pc through the linksys instead of
straight to the dsl modem.. any other ideas? thank you..

Rob..