please help - newbie questions

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Daniel R, Dec 2, 2005.

  1. Daniel R

    Daniel R Guest

    I am using windows, and I installed ruby with the 1-click install
    My ruby version is: ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i386-mswin32]

    I need to use ruby to make some XSLT transformations (I already have
    the XML and XSLT files).

    I understand that before installing libxml wrapper and libxslt, i have
    to install Libxml from http://xmlsoft.org.

    So I downloaded both
    - libxslt-1.1.14+.win32.zip
    - libxml2-2.6.20.win32.zip
    from http://www.zlatkovic.com/pub/libxml/ then unzipped the contents.

    But what now ? I have no idea what to do with this all.

    Alex Netkachev explains that the libxml wrapper library depends on
    libm, libz (zlib), libiconv and libxml2.
    (http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?AlexNetkachev).
    Do I have to first install evrrything separately ? Is there an easy way
    to make things right ?

    .... I am confused
    If someone can explain me how i can use ruby to make XSLT transforms,
    it would be great help.

    Daniel R, Dec 2, 2005