Please help on Tomcat with JMX Options

Gans

Hi all,

I want to monitor my tomcat 5.5 application server with JMX. I have
study the sun tutorial to do this. but i am not able to fina a good
tutorial for monitor Tomcat. Can any one help me to guide me how to
configure the JMX for Tomcat application server?

I aplogies if i posetd a wrong news group... Please guide me a
spcific
news group for my doubts.

Thanks to you all...

--Ganesan.

Manish Pandit

Hi all,

I want to monitor my tomcat 5.5 application server with JMX. I have
study the sun tutorial to do this. but i am not able to fina a good
tutorial for monitor Tomcat. Can any one help me to guide me how to
configure the JMX for Tomcat application server?

I aplogies if i posetd a wrong news group... Please guide me a
spcific
news group for my doubts.

Thanks to you all...

--Ganesan.

Edit catalina.bat (it is in $CATALINA_HOME/bin) and locate JAVA_OPTS
variable. Change it to look like this (you may want to append the
stuff if JAVA_OPTS already has something).

set JAVA_OPTS=-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote -
Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port="9004" -
Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate="false" -
Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl="false"

Save the file, and start tomcat.

Assuming you have JDK5 (not JRE), start jconsole. It should be in
$JDK_HOME/bin.

It will autodetect the JMX connection on local box, so go ahead
connect. Click around the tabs at the top (summary, memory, threads..)
to see the monitoring in action.

Translate the above into *nix if you are not using Windows.

If you want a tutorial on what JMX is, google around and there is
plenty of stuff.

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/jmx/index.html

-cheers,
Manish