Please help !! Problem about HttpWebRequest - GetResponse()

japslam japslam via DotNetMonster.com

Hi all,

I have problem when I use HttpWebRequest and take long time to call to my
service server. If at that time there are many request comes in
semultaneous, I will get this exception

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: The request
was canceled. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the
transport connection. ---> System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a
disposed object named "System.Net.TlsStream".
Object name: "System.Net.TlsStream".
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.TlsStream.AsyncReceiveComplete(IAsyncResult result)
at System.Net.TlsStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.Connection.ReadCallback(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at MFEC.DealerServices.Service.PaymentGateway.CallPaymentGateway(String
serviceName, GeneralParameterCollection inputParam)

Does anybody know how to solve this problem ?

singh_angrez

Hi,

The problem is that your proxy is not allowing the webrequest.
Do one thing create a webproxy object with your proxy name and port and
bind it to webrequest like this.

// True is to by pass proxy for local
WebProxy proxy = new WebProxy(name:port, true);

// suppose req is HttpWebRequest object
req.Proxy = proxy;

and then user req.getResponse method to get the response.

Regards,
Angrez

japslam japslam via DotNetMonster.com

Hi singh_angrez,

Thank you for your suggestion. But I can test it in next 2 day after this
weekend. After I try I will report the result again if it can solve my
problem or not

Thank you very much

Jap.

japslam japslam via DotNetMonster.com

Hi singh_angrez,

Before I try your suggestion. I wanna show you about my code.
And my server architecture is like this

Web server ----httprequest call to --> My service server

Actually, If my service server reponse the result to me in a short time,
everything is ok..no exception. But anytime my service server take long
time to process and send me the result.. at that time if there are many
requests from web server call to my service server, I got that exception
until my service server have a good response.

This is my code now. May be my code is not correct about HttpWebRequest
property.

//==== set ssl connection ==
ServicePointManager.CertificatePolicy = new MyPolicy();

HttpWebRequest objRequest = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create
(PAYMENTGATEWAY_URL+strParam.ToString());
objRequest.Method = "GET";

//==== add new code ==
objRequest.KeepAlive = false;
objRequest.ProtocolVersion=HttpVersion.Version10;
objRequest.Proxy = System.Net.WebProxy.GetDefaultProxy(); // I use
default proxy which work well in normal time.
objRequest.AllowAutoRedirect=true;
objRequest.MaximumAutomaticRedirections=10;
objRequest.Timeout = (int) new TimeSpan(0,0,HTTPTIMEOUT)
..TotalMilliseconds; // ,HTTPTIMEOUT = 300
objRequest.UserAgent="Mozilla/3.0 (compatible; My Browser/1.0)";
//==== add new code ==

string str = null;
HttpWebResponse objResponse;
StreamReader sr = null;
try
{
objResponse = (HttpWebResponse)objRequest.GetResponse();

}
catch( Exception e)
{
EventMgmt.EventExceptionMsg("Payment Gateway-GetResponse() =>
"+e.ToString(), @"\DataAccess\PGWException");

throw new ServiceException("PGW001","HOST_UNREACHABLE",e);
}

try
{
sr = new StreamReader(objResponse.GetResponseStream());
str = sr.ReadToEnd().Replace('\n'.ToString(),"").Replace('\t'.ToString()
,"").Replace('&'.ToString(),"");
}
catch( Exception e)
{
EventMgmt.EventExceptionMsg("Payment Gateway-ReadResponseStream() =>
"+e.ToString(), @"\DataAccess\PGWException");

throw new ServiceException("PGW003","READ_STREAM_ERROR",e);
}
finally
{
if( sr != null)
sr.Close();
objResponse.Close();
}

Thank you,

Jap.

Bruce Barker

the default setting for webclient is to only allow two connections to a
remote server. if you calls are slow, and they stack up, you will have
timeout problems. also you could hit your max thread pool sizes.

try upping the number of connections.
(httpRequest.ServicePoint.ConnectionLimit)

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)