Please help! Serious date time number problems after server migration

Gernot Saborowski

To all IIS/ASP-professionals,

we just upgraded from one machine to another and are experiencing some
strange date time number problems.

Both systems have been set up like this:
- MS Windows 2000 Server SP 3 english version
- IIS 5
- MS SQL Server 2000 SP 3 english version
- Regional options are both set to English US
- Default language in SQL and DSN setup is set to english
- Both machines not using any global.asa with local settings override

We checked all settings again and again and found no differences within
these settings at all.

So far, so fine...

When accessing some ASP-files as well as using functions compiled in a
dll with the Internet Explorer, we get DateTime conversion problems
(M/D/YYYY gets D/M/YYYY) as well as screwed up numbers (190.000,00
somehow gets 1.900.000.000,00).

Therefore, we checked all settings again and again and... guess what...
we found no differences within these settings at all.

So please could somebody explain what happens? Same settings - different
behaviour. Why???

Reprogramming and bugfixing should not be a solution as this would be a
lot of work to do. Perhaps a reinstallation? But then again: Which
settings to use?

Thank you for your advise...

-Gernot

F'up: