[Please Help] simple problem

Eder

Hello,

I am a newbie to Web Services. I have been struggling with a very strange
problem for days. I want to write a simple "Hello World" Web Service, which
I want to invoke
from a browser. The automatic test web interface that IIS manages doesn't
work, when i enter
http://localhost/XMLWebServices/Chapter02/HelloWorld1/Service1.asmx, it
launchs me to .NET IDE and open the content of Service1.asmx only. My IIS
5.0 server is working since i try http://localhost return my home page
without any problem. I am using XP SP1 professional with .NET 2002.
Many many thx !!!

Best Rgds
Eder

Jan Tielens

Probably you haven't configured the HelloWorld directory as a Virtual
Directory in IIS. To so, choose Add New Virtual Directory in the IIS MMC
plugin, give it a name and point it to the location of your project. Then
you can use it by browsing to
http://localhost/NameOfVirtualDir/Service1.ASMX.

Although if you create a new Web Project in Visual Studio, these things
should be set automatically.

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens
________________________________

Eder

thx, it still doesn't work
Jan Tielens said:
Probably you haven't configured the HelloWorld directory as a Virtual
Directory in IIS. To so, choose Add New Virtual Directory in the IIS MMC
plugin, give it a name and point it to the location of your project. Then
you can use it by browsing to
http://localhost/NameOfVirtualDir/Service1.ASMX.

Although if you create a new Web Project in Visual Studio, these things
should be set automatically.

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens

Sami Vaaraniemi

It seems that you are missing ASP.NET mappings from IIS. You can set up the
mappings with the aspnet_regiis.exe tool in your framework directory.
aspnet_regiis -i will restore the mappings.

Regards,
Sami

Eder

would you tell what parameter should i use with aspnet_regiis.exe, many many
thx, Eder