    to fix this?

    Thanks in advance-
    KismetSwallowtail
    KismetSwallowtail, Oct 29, 2003

  2. KismetSwallowtail wrote:

    > I have designed a simple website for our organization at Western
    > Michigan University and followed their guidelines for uploading, using
    > FTP Explorer. However, every time anyone clicks onto the link for our
    > site, they get an 'index' containing a link to the page (and links to
    > graphics, etc.) instead of the actual web page. Can anyone tell me how
    > to fix this?

    Create a file called "index.html" or whatever your web server uses as
    their default directory index file name (sometimes "default.html" or
    something else).

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    playing://embrace/the_good_will_out/09_youve_got_to_say_yes.ogg
    Toby A Inkster, Oct 29, 2003

  3. KismetSwallowtail

    PeterMcC Guest

    KismetSwallowtail wrote:
    > I have designed a simple website for our organization at Western
    > Michigan University and followed their guidelines for uploading, using
    > FTP Explorer. However, every time anyone clicks onto the link for our
    > site, they get an 'index' containing a link to the page (and links to
    > graphics, etc.) instead of the actual web page. Can anyone tell me how
    > to fix this?

    Your home page should be in a file called index.html - it sounds as though
    yours isn't. If that's the case, rename it as index.html - and you'll have
    to rename the links that go back to the home page as well.

    --
    PeterMcC
    inappropriate or offensive in any way,
    PeterMcC, Oct 29, 2003
  4. Thank you all SO much. worked perfectly.
    -kismetswallowtail

    KismetSwallowtail, Oct 30, 2003