Please help to play 5 jpegs as a slideshow in JES(Jython) ---BEGINNER.

Discussion in 'Python' started by steve@savechicago.org, Feb 1, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Hello, I am a brand brand new programming student in Jython and I have
    been working on a simple homework assignment in JES for the last 12
    hours and am completely lost.

    Basically, we have to make a jpeg slideshow with 5 different pictures
    with audio background that lasts 60 seconds. I have absolutely no idea
    where to begin and am more lost than I was 12 hours ago.

    def pickAndShow():

    myfile = pickAFile()
    mypicture = makePicture(myfile)
    show(mypicture)

    I know this is how to call up a picture from your hard drive. That’s
    about all I know. I have no idea how to call up 5 of them, one at a
    time, and with audio in the background. And how to make this happen
    with a command. Can someone help me?

    , Feb 1, 2009

  2. Re: Please help to play 5 jpegs as a slideshow in JES(Jython) --- BEGINNER.

    wrote:

    > Hello, I am a brand brand new programming student in Jython and I have
    > been working on a simple homework assignment in JES for the last 12
    > hours and am completely lost.
    >
    > Basically, we have to make a jpeg slideshow with 5 different pictures
    > with audio background that lasts 60 seconds. I have absolutely no idea
    > where to begin and am more lost than I was 12 hours ago.
    >

    > def pickAndShow():
    >
    > myfile = pickAFile()
    > mypicture = makePicture(myfile)
    > show(mypicture)
    >
    > I know this is how to call up a picture from your hard drive. That’s
    > about all I know. I have no idea how to call up 5 of them, one at a
    > time, and with audio in the background.

    If you can call up *one* picture, then you should be able to call up a
    second one, then a third, then a fourth, then a fifth, and then you're
    done.

    --
    Steven

    Steven D'Aprano, Feb 1, 2009