Please help to play 5 jpegs as a slideshow in JES(Jython) ---BEGINNER.

steve

Hello, I am a brand brand new programming student in Jython and I have
been working on a simple homework assignment in JES for the last 12
hours and am completely lost.

Basically, we have to make a jpeg slideshow with 5 different pictures
with audio background that lasts 60 seconds. I have absolutely no idea
where to begin and am more lost than I was 12 hours ago.

def pickAndShow():

myfile = pickAFile()
mypicture = makePicture(myfile)
show(mypicture)

I know this is how to call up a picture from your hard drive. That’s
about all I know. I have no idea how to call up 5 of them, one at a
time, and with audio in the background. And how to make this happen
with a command. Can someone help me?

Steven D'Aprano

Hello, I am a brand brand new programming student in Jython and I have
been working on a simple homework assignment in JES for the last 12
hours and am completely lost.

Basically, we have to make a jpeg slideshow with 5 different pictures
with audio background that lasts 60 seconds. I have absolutely no idea
where to begin and am more lost than I was 12 hours ago.

def pickAndShow():

myfile = pickAFile()
mypicture = makePicture(myfile)
show(mypicture)

I know this is how to call up a picture from your hard drive. That’s
about all I know. I have no idea how to call up 5 of them, one at a
time, and with audio in the background.

If you can call up *one* picture, then you should be able to call up a
second one, then a third, then a fourth, then a fifth, and then you're
done.