please help: web photo gallery question (PS 7)

no1cwbyfan

Hello,

Let me say first off I'm somewhat of a beginner to both Photoshop and HTML.

I'm using Photoshop 7 to create online photo galleries for my wife who is a
photographer. Although, I love the ability to do this in Photoshop I cannot
figure out how to include a home page button in the banner area of each
gallery. I'm hoping to find a way that would allow me to only place the code
once and still have it show up throughout the gallery. Any advice would be
greatly appreciated, because when people are viewing their photos, they can
very easily get 20 or 30 deep and then have no way to get back to our
homepage. I would like a home page button that would open the homepage
outside of the frames. You can view our online galleries at
http://www.simplyelegant.ws/gallery.html

Thank you for your expertise.

Nico Schuyt

no1cwbyfan said:
I would like a home page button that would open the homepage outside
of the frames. You can view our online galleries at
http://www.simplyelegant.ws/gallery.html

Why not add an extra frame on top with your default information like
Sharon's Web Photo Gallery / SE15A - COLOR
Simply Elegant Photography and Design
10/18/2003
Call (405) 314-2654 to order!
(e-mail address removed)
AND a menu pointing to whereever you want.

An alternative is use PHP to show every picture on the same page with the
default text and menu. Could save you a lot of work because you only need
one html page for all your photographs.
Nico

T. Audry Glamour

(Crosspost to adobe.photoshop.windows removed)

no1cwbyfan said:
Although, I love the ability to do this in Photoshop I cannot
figure out how to include a home page button in the banner area of each
gallery.

I don't know anything about creating galleries with Photoshop. If your
gallery was created with it I would recommend not using it. First, it
took forever to load the thumbnails with my dial-up connection (I
didn't wait around, sorry!), and using frames is not recommended by
many.

Why not use a script? I like spgm, (Simple Picture Gallery Manager
<http://spgm.sourceforge.net/>), a php script. But there are many
others, some that are more automated when it comes to generating
thumbnails and such. It takes a little searching to find just what you
want, but I bet it's out there.

You can then use templates so navigation back to your main page is
easier.

HTH

Audry

Doc Starr

Hi,
Go to the Photoshop folder and look for the presets folder. In that folder
is another folder called WebContactSheet. IN
that folder is one folder for each gallery type. Go into the folder of the
gallery you want to use and edit the html code you find there to add the
buttons you need in the appropriate places.
Cheers,
Doc

Sid Ismail

: Hello,
:
[...]

Perhaps something like this?

<frameset rows="10%,*">
<frame name="menu.html" src="" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10"
scrolling="auto" frameborder="0">
<frameset cols="20%,*">
<frame name="thumbs" src="" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10"
scrolling="auto" frameborder="0">
<frame name="pics" src="" marginwidth="10" marginheight="10"
scrolling="auto" frameborder="0">
</frameset>
</frameset>

Sid