Please help : WebParts won't show up in IE

Jurjen de Groot

Hi,

I've been reading a book about webparts and am now trying some of the
examples from the book, but I crash on the first, most simple (following)
example :

I create a new website in VS2005
I add a WebPartManager to the default.aspx by dragging it from the toolbox
I then add a WebPartZone to the default.aspx by draggin it from the toolbox
I then add a Web-Textbox to the WebPartZone
Then I press F5, an ASP.NET development server shows up in my system tray
and I see that IE is started, then after a while IE states that 'Internet
Explorer cannot display the webpage', no ASP.NET error, nothing. After
removing the WebPartManager and the WebPartZone, the page displays just fine
(empty though), but no error in IE.

I have no code in the default.aspx.vb.

Any thoughts ? I must be missing a very simple something...

Regards,
Jurjen.

Jurjen de Groot

During install of the new BETA2 version of IE7, I uninstalled IE7 and tried
my little project against IE6, this time IE showed me an ASP.NET exception
saying it was looking for database aspnetdb wich was non-existing. After
creating the database the example worked just fine in both IE6 and IE7.

Jurjen.