Please help with FormMail

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by fastjack, May 3, 2004.

  1. fastjack

    fastjack Guest

    Hi,
    I'm using FomrMail and I'm trying to customize the html email with the
    form values that a user inputs. The form emails, but the values are
    not returned. Here's the code:

    In the sub send_mail I have the following:

    # USE HTML-DEFINED FORM #
    &ReadParse(*input);
    print MAIL "Name: $input{firstName} ";
    print MAIL "Last Name: $input{lastName}";

    # END HTML DEFINED FORM

    I've also tried:

    # USE HTML-DEFINED FORM #
    &ReadParse(*input);
    print MAIL "<br>Name: $input{'firstName'} ";
    print MAIL "<br>Last Name: $input{'lastName'}";

    # END HTML DEFINED FORM

    Results are emailed as follows:
    email: subject: WebForm Name:
    Name:
    Last Name:

    fastjack, May 3, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    fastjack <> wrote:
    :In the sub send_mail I have the following:

    :# USE HTML-DEFINED FORM #
    :&ReadParse(*input);
    :print MAIL "Name: $input{firstName} ";
    :print MAIL "Last Name: $input{lastName}";

    You aren't putting any newline in there, so everything is going to
    run together on one line.

    To debug your problem, I would suggest that you temporarily add in:

    print MAIL "input field $_ had value |$input{_value}|\n" foreach (keys %input);
    --
    When your posts are all alone / and a user's on the phone/
    there's one place to check -- / Upstream!

    Walter Roberson, May 3, 2004