please help with https upload !

Discussion in 'Perl' started by aditya, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. aditya

    aditya Guest

    Hi,

    I am running Apache 1.3.27 over win2k...and my scripting language is
    perl...

    problem is that I have written a code in VB which lets the user
    connect to the webserver using HTTPS ..the authorization is
    alright..but when I try to upload a base64 encoded file...the response
    from the webserver is error 414, URI too long...I dont know what to
    do..!! The file is hardly 30 kbs..!!! Probably some configuration
    parameter is to be added in httpd.conf which I am missing.

    Other thing is.. before this problem happened, I was submitting the
    encoded file as is..with the line feeds which are present after every
    76 characters..when I used a perl script to retrive the value of the
    parameter, I only get the encoding till the first line feed... this is
    my POST request:

    POST /org/PRACTICE1/dlg-add-toaspire?userId=ADMIN&p=r++E6YxEmSK7mInVBtc2g&service=doc_add&content=datetime=200310302320&_f_object=encodedContentsOfTheFileWhichDOesntGetUploaded

    Please help me asap! Deadline is near !!

    Thanks !
    Aditya K
    aditya, Oct 31, 2003

  2. (aditya) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I am running Apache 1.3.27 over win2k...and my scripting language is
    > perl...
    >
    > problem is that I have written a code in VB which lets the user
    > connect to the webserver using HTTPS ..the authorization is
    > alright..but when I try to upload a base64 encoded file...the response
    > from the webserver is error 414, URI too long...I dont know what to
    > do..!!

    First, start looking at the right end - if the URL that's being
    generated is too long then the problem is in the client - i.e. the VB
    code.

    This newsgroup does not exist (see FAQ). If it did it would not be
    the place to ask about problems in your VB code.

    > POST /org/PRACTICE1/dlg-add-toaspire?userId=ADMIN&p=r++E6YxEmSK7mInVBtc2g&service=doc_add&content=datetime=200310302320&_f_object=encodedContentsOfTheFileWhichDOesntGetUploaded

    Looks like it's trying to encode a the data as per a GET request not
    as per a POST request.

    > Please help me asap! Deadline is near !!

    Speak to the person who provided the VB code, ask if it supports
    encoding of form data for a POST request.
    Brian McCauley, Nov 4, 2003