Please help with java app error "main class not found"

steve

I have a java application that works perfect on a fresh installation
(xp). However I'm trying to run on a computer thats had load of rubbish
installed before.

When trying to run my app I get the error message "main class not
found" therefore it must be a linker, jvm or similar problem. I can't
wipe the hard drive and start a fresh install because its a customers
demo computer. How can I remove all traces of previuos java
installations? I think there may be conflicts. Any help or pointers
would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance

Knute Johnson

steve said:
I have a java application that works perfect on a fresh installation
(xp). However I'm trying to run on a computer thats had load of rubbish
installed before.

When trying to run my app I get the error message "main class not
found" therefore it must be a linker, jvm or similar problem. I can't
wipe the hard drive and start a fresh install because its a customers
demo computer. How can I remove all traces of previuos java
installations? I think there may be conflicts. Any help or pointers
would be apreciated.

Thanks in advance

Just go to Add/Remove Programs and remove all of the old JREs. Then
install a new one and it should run just fine. You might also check the
environment variables to make sure that there is no CLASSPATH set.

steve

Knute said:
Just go to Add/Remove Programs and remove all of the old JREs. Then
install a new one and it should run just fine. You might also check the
environment variables to make sure that there is no CLASSPATH set.

Hi Knute
I've removed all previous jre's and cleared the classpath with no
success, possibly there is some other app thats installed something
thats causing conflicts?

Steve

Knute Johnson

steve said:
Hi Knute
I've removed all previous jre's and cleared the classpath with no
success, possibly there is some other app thats installed something
thats causing conflicts?

Steve

Steve:

Please post your command line and the actual error message.

Also just type java<ENTER> at the command line and post the results.