Please help with SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted callers.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Matt Culbreth, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. Hello All,

    I've got a very simple ASP.NET 2.0 application which uses a DLL from a
    third party. I don't have the source to this DLL.

    Everything has been working fine on my XP development machine, but as
    soon as I deploy to a Windows 2003 Server I'm getting the following
    error:

    [SecurityException: That assembly does not allow partially trusted
    callers.]

    I can't add any entries to the AssemblyInfo.cs of this library, since
    I don't have the source. I've tried editing my web.config file to
    work on a lower level of trust, but that doesn't seem to be working.

    Any ideas here? Is there a Microsoft configuration file or
    application I should be using?

    Thanks,

    Matt

    Matt Culbreth, Mar 29, 2007

  2. Matt Culbreth

    bruce barker Guest

    Re: Please help with SecurityException: That assembly does not allowpartially trusted callers.

    your webserver needs to be configured at allow partial trusted assemblies.

    see

    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wyts434y.aspx

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 29, 2007