Please Help ?????????

pargat singh

Hi Everyone,

THIS IS SECOND TIME I AM POSTING MY PROBLEM.I have a log file like
123.log and i want to display this log in
browser.In ASP page at top i have following.

<%Response.Buffer = true;%>
<%Response.Expires = -1%>

Inside page i have

contentType = "text/plain";

Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition","filename=" & sPath);
Response.AddHeader("pragma","no-cache")
Response.AddHeader ("cache-control","private")

Response.CacheControl = "no-cache" ------> I think this line is
main.

Response.ContentType = contentType
Response.Clear()
Response.BinaryWrite(File); --> File is return from COM in Binary
mode.
Response.Flush

I can have one log per job or multiple logs per job.
E.g 123.log
or
123.log
123.esplog
123.soplog etc

When i click Button View Logs i check if one log open it using code
above or if
multiple log then response.redirect to other page where it list all
logs like

123.log
123.esplog
123.soplog etc
and user click on log and behavior is same as single log(means same
code above).

PROBLEMS WHICH I AM FACING ARE BELOW.

1.WHEN SINGLE LOG LIKE 123.LOG OPEN FINE (NO PROBLEM) BUT IF MULTIPLA
LOG AND CLIECK ON 123.LOG I AM GETTING ERROR SAYING

INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DOWNLOAD FILE 123.LOG.
INTERNET EXPLORER WAS NOT ABLE TO OPEN THIS INTERNET SITE.THE
REQUESTED SITE
IS EITHER UNAVAILABLE ORCANNOT BE FOUND.PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

BUT IF I RENAME OTHE FILE LIKE 123_BKP1.ESPLOG AND 123_BKP2.SOPLOG
(BECAUSE BASED ON NAME PROGRAM DETECT IF MULTIPLE LOG OR SINGLE LOG)
IT WILL BE SINGLE LOG CASE AND I OPEN IT .WHY?

2. I CAN OPEN 123.ESPLOG BUT NOT 123.SOPLOG.BOTH FILES ARE SAME ONLY
WITH DIFFERENT EXTENSION.WHY?

CAN NAYONE PLEASE.....TELL ME HOW CAN I FIX THIS .THIS IS VERY URGENT
ISSUE FOR ME.ANY HELP IS MUCH MUCH APPRICATE.

THANKS,

GILL

Chris Barber

Sound like you have an issue with the logic that is selecting File and
returning the binary - have you checked that it's finding the correct file?

NB: Don't post in uppercase - it's hard to read and tantamount to shouting.

Chris.

[...]

Evertjan.

pargat singh wrote on 01 mrt 2004 in
Hi Everyone,

THIS IS SECOND TIME I AM POSTING MY PROBLEM.

Do not shout !!!
I have a log file like
123.log and i want to display this log in
browser.In ASP page at top i have following.

<%Response.Buffer = true;%>
<%Response.Expires = -1%>

Inside page i have

contentType = "text/plain";

Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition","filename=" & sPath);

sPath undefined
Response.AddHeader("pragma","no-cache")
Response.AddHeader ("cache-control","private")

Response.CacheControl = "no-cache" ------> I think this line is
main.

"I think this line is main." I do not understand that.

Response.ContentType = contentType

contentType undefined

Response.Clear()
Response.BinaryWrite(File); --> File is return from COM in Binary
mode.

file undeclared. Wahat is "return from COM" ?

Response.Flush

I can have one log per job or multiple logs per job.
E.g 123.log
or
123.log
123.esplog
123.soplog etc

When i click Button View Logs i check if one log open it using code
above or if
multiple log then response.redirect to other page where it list all
logs like

123.log
123.esplog
123.soplog etc
and user click on log and behavior is same as single log(means same
code above).

I see no buttons at all in your code.
PROBLEMS WHICH I AM FACING ARE BELOW.

1.WHEN SINGLE LOG LIKE 123.LOG OPEN FINE (NO PROBLEM) BUT IF MULTIPLA
LOG AND CLIECK ON 123.LOG I AM GETTING ERROR SAYING

Now you are shouting again. Something wrong with your caps-lock key ?
INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT DOWNLOAD FILE 123.LOG. ...............

I feel very case sensitive about this.

Michel Thiffault

Maybe he's trying to return all the files at once (in a loop)? Hard to say
without seeing the code.