Please help

Lokesh Agrawal

Hi All,

I have written a scipt.

require 'rubygems'
require 'net/ldap'
require "env_variable.rb"

ldap = Net::LDAP.new :host => '10.44.169.24',
:port => 389,
:auth => {
:method => :simple,
:username => "cn=Manager,dc=ibm,dc=com",
:password => "secret"
}

filter = Net::LDAP::Filter.eq( "mail", $email )
treebase = "dc=ibm,dc=com"
attrs = ["status"]
ldap.search( :base => treebase, :filter => filter, :attributes =>
attrs ) do |entry|
entry.each do |attribute, values|
$i = 1
values.each do |$status|
end
puts $status
end
end

and I am getting output
Inactive
mail=$email,ou=people,o=external,dc=ibm,dc=com

means $status variable is holding text Inactive first time and second
time its value is
mail=$email,ou=people,o=external,dc=ibm,dc=com (first value get
replaced by new value)

I want to take both the values in variable or in array.

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks and Regards
Lokesh Agrawal

Todd Benson

Hi All,

I have written a scipt.

require 'rubygems'
require 'net/ldap'
require "env_variable.rb"

ldap = Net::LDAP.new :host => '10.44.169.24',
:port => 389,
:auth => {
:method => :simple,
:username => "cn=Manager,dc=ibm,dc=com",
:password => "secret"
}

filter = Net::LDAP::Filter.eq( "mail", $email )
treebase = "dc=ibm,dc=com"
attrs = ["status"]
ldap.search( :base => treebase, :filter => filter, :attributes =>
attrs ) do |entry|
entry.each do |attribute, values|
$i = 1

It is not clear what the purpose of $i is here.
values.each do |$status|
end

I'm assuming that end was unintended/misplaced.
puts $status
end
end

and I am getting output
Inactive
mail=$email,ou=people,o=external,dc=ibm,dc=com

means $status variable is holding text Inactive first time and second
time its value is
mail=$email,ou=people,o=external,dc=ibm,dc=com (first value get
replaced by new value)

I want to take both the values in variable or in array.

I haven't used ldap, but maybe something similar to this might work...

a = [1,2,3]
b = [] #initialize before block
a.each {|i| b << a} #append
p b