  1. Guest

    I JUST STARTED USING QUARTUS SOFTWARE.I NEED HELP PLEASE

    , Sep 22, 2006

  2. rickman Guest

    wrote:
    > I JUST STARTED USING QUARTUS SOFTWARE.I NEED HELP PLEASE

    Assuming that you know how to write a clocked process, a JK FF should
    be a simple matter of coding the truth table for a JK FF. Lets see if
    I can remember how that goes.

    J K | Q+1
    ---------
    0 0 | Q
    0 1 | 0
    1 0 | 1
    1 1 | ~Q

    So the VHDL inside the process could look like...

    case JK is
    when "00" => Q <= Q;
    when "01" => Q <= '0';
    when "10" => Q <= '1';
    when "11" => Q <= not Q;
    others => Q <= 'X';
    end case;

    You should be able to put the process and signal definitions around
    this.

    rickman, Sep 24, 2006

  3. rickman Guest

    rickman wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > I JUST STARTED USING QUARTUS SOFTWARE.I NEED HELP PLEASE

    > Assuming that you know how to write a clocked process, a JK FF should
    > be a simple matter of coding the truth table for a JK FF. Lets see if
    > I can remember how that goes.
    >
    > J K | Q+1
    > ---------
    > 0 0 | Q
    > 0 1 | 0
    > 1 0 | 1
    > 1 1 | ~Q
    >

    > So the VHDL inside the process could look like...
    >
    > case JK is
    > when "00" => Q <= Q;
    > when "01" => Q <= '0';
    > when "10" => Q <= '1';
    > when "11" => Q <= not Q;
    > others => Q <= 'X';
    > end case;
    >
    > You should be able to put the process and signal definitions around
    > this.

    I figured this was some kid asking for help with his homework. I
    didn't realize that he is actually asking for someone to do the entire
    assignment for him. I thought I could help by getting him started on
    the core in case he was stuck on a way to do this. But then I get an
    email asking for the entire assignment!

    --------------------
    From: "coldplay112" <>
    To: "rickman" <>
    Subject: THE VHDL CODE FOR JK FLIPFLOP

    PLEASE SIR GIVE THE WHOLE CODE SIR,FROM THE ENTITY JK FLIPFLOP TO END
    BEHAVIOR.I AM A NOVICE IN THIS COURSE.
    ------------------

    Maybe I am in the wrong business. I could charge $25 each for doing 10
    minute homework assignments and rake in some real dough, especially if
    I do it for everyone in the same class!!!

    I guess it is a bit like spamming. You only need one guy in a thousand
    who replies to make it worth your while...

    rickman, Sep 24, 2006
  4. coldplay112 Guest

    I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT THE VHDL CODE FOR JK FLIPFLOP

    IT WORK WITH MY QUARTUS ALTERA VDHL PROGRAM.THANKS FOR PUTTING PRESSURE
    ON ME.I WILL STRIVE TO GET AN A IN THIS COURSE GRADUALLY,I HAVE A TEST
    BYE.

    coldplay112, Sep 25, 2006
  5. rickman wrote:
    > rickman wrote:
    > > wrote:
    > > > I JUST STARTED USING QUARTUS SOFTWARE.I NEED HELP PLEASE

    > > Assuming that you know how to write a clocked process, a JK FF should
    > > be a simple matter of coding the truth table for a JK FF. Lets see if
    > > I can remember how that goes.
    > >
    > > J K | Q+1
    > > ---------
    > > 0 0 | Q
    > > 0 1 | 0
    > > 1 0 | 1
    > > 1 1 | ~Q
    > >

    > > So the VHDL inside the process could look like...
    > >
    > > case JK is
    > > when "00" => Q <= Q;
    > > when "01" => Q <= '0';
    > > when "10" => Q <= '1';
    > > when "11" => Q <= not Q;
    > > others => Q <= 'X';
    > > end case;
    > >
    > > You should be able to put the process and signal definitions around
    > > this.

    > I figured this was some kid asking for help with his homework. I
    > didn't realize that he is actually asking for someone to do the entire
    > assignment for him. I thought I could help by getting him started on
    > the core in case he was stuck on a way to do this. But then I get an
    > email asking for the entire assignment!
    >
    > --------------------
    > From: "coldplay112" <>
    > To: "rickman" <>
    > Subject: THE VHDL CODE FOR JK FLIPFLOP
    >

    > PLEASE SIR GIVE THE WHOLE CODE SIR,FROM THE ENTITY JK FLIPFLOP TO END
    > BEHAVIOR.I AM A NOVICE IN THIS COURSE.
    > ------------------
    >
    > Maybe I am in the wrong business. I could charge $25 each for doing 10
    > minute homework assignments and rake in some real dough, especially if
    > I do it for everyone in the same class!!!
    >
    > I guess it is a bit like spamming. You only need one guy in a thousand
    > who replies to make it worth your while...

    Hahaha,

    The way you guys respond to thse people is hilarious.

    -Isaac

    Isaac Bosompem, Sep 25, 2006
  6. fabbl Guest

    Re: I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT THE VHDL CODE FOR JK FLIPFLOP

    Try reading a book.

    fabbl, Sep 25, 2006

    rickman wrote:
    > I figured this was some kid asking for help with his homework. I
    > didn't realize that he is actually asking for someone to do the entire
    > assignment for him. I thought I could help by getting him started on
    > the core in case he was stuck on a way to do this. But then I get an
    > email asking for the entire assignment!
    >
    > --------------------
    > From: "coldplay112" <>
    > To: "rickman" <>
    > Subject: THE VHDL CODE FOR JK FLIPFLOP
    >

    > PLEASE SIR GIVE THE WHOLE CODE SIR,FROM THE ENTITY JK FLIPFLOP TO END
    > BEHAVIOR.I AM A NOVICE IN THIS COURSE.
    > ------------------
    >
    > Maybe I am in the wrong business. I could charge $25 each for doing 10
    > minute homework assignments and rake in some real dough, especially if
    > I do it for everyone in the same class!!!
    >
    > I guess it is a bit like spamming. You only need one guy in a thousand
    > who replies to make it worth your while...

    Is it only me or are the kids really getting dumber by the day?
    Not to mention cocky. nowadays, they are DEMANDING and REQUIERING
    answers.

    -burns

    , Sep 26, 2006

  9. james Guest

    On 26 Sep 2006 12:54:21 -0700, wrote:

    >+++Is it only me or are the kids really getting dumber by the day?
    >+++Not to mention cocky. nowadays, they are DEMANDING and REQUIERING
    >+++answers.
    >+++
    >+++
    >+++-burns

    ***********

    Just lazy.

    james

    james, Sep 27, 2006
  10. Re: I HAVE FIGURED IT OUT THE VHDL CODE FOR JK FLIPFLOP

    "fabbl" <> wrote in message
    > Try reading a book.
    >
    > > IT WORK WITH MY QUARTUS ALTERA VDHL PROGRAM.THANKS FOR PUTTING PRESSURE
    > > ON ME.I WILL STRIVE TO GET AN A IN THIS COURSE GRADUALLY,I HAVE A TEST
    > > BYE.

    Start by switch off "caps lock".

    -Michael.

    Michael Jørgensen, Sep 27, 2006