PLEASE -- I'm in asp:button hell...tried everything I've read...why does it DO this?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by KathyB, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. KathyB

    KathyB Guest

    Further to my earlier message tonight, here is more info on my button
    issue.

    I have two controls: a button and a textbox.

    This code for the button is in the page load (if not postback):

    btnList.Attributes.Add("onclick", "pop_window();return false;")

    it runs a simple script in <script> tags within the <head> of the
    html.

    The textbox has a textchanged event, and IS set for AutoPostBack.

    If I try to use an html button vs an asp:button, it disables my
    textchanged event even though it is set to autopostback.

    As is, when I enter something in the textbox and hit enter, it does
    operate correctly, but at the same time, it runs the script for the
    button.

    PLEASE someone tell me how to fix it so the textbox works but the
    button only runs IF a press it.

    I've spent days on this...and have tried to read everything and tried
    examples, examples, examples, nothing is working right.

    Thanks, Kathy
    KathyB, Jul 23, 2003