    here is the link to the form http://golfoz.com.au/designyourown.php

    Thank you
    FO
    fo, Jul 6, 2004

  2. fo

    Tony Morris Guest

    "fo" <> wrote in message
    news:ccd3qb$264k$...
    > Can some kind Java person have a look at my form and advise me how can I
    > pass the selected options to my submitted form.

    No.
    That has nothing to do with Java.
    You might consider looking for a "kind HTML person" or a "kind Javascript
    person".

    --
    Tony Morris
    (BInfTech, Cert 3 I.T.)
    Tony Morris, Jul 6, 2004

  3. fo

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 12:46:34 +1000, "fo" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >Can some kind Java person have a look at my form and advise me how can I
    >pass the selected options to my submitted form. When I submit only the first
    >selected option is posted. Selection box has multiple selection option.
    >Please scroll down to the section 'F -. Golf Tour Destinations' this is the
    >only bit isn't working.
    >
    >Your kind help mostly appreciated
    >here is the link to the form http://golfoz.com.au/designyourown.php

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/htmlcheat.html#COMBO

    for an example.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 6, 2004
  4. fo

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 13:23:27 +1000, "Tony Morris"
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >No.
    >That has nothing to do with Java.
    >You might consider looking for a "kind HTML person" or a "kind Javascript
    >person".

    On the other hand a Java programmer is more likely to know the answer
    than an HTML person. The HTML people just plop the stuff in the Java
    programmers tell them to.

    JSP programmers generate this sort of stuff in their sleep.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 6, 2004
  5. fo

    fo Guest

    Thanks for this info. And really appreciate the fact that you have gone to
    trouble to send me link.

    I experimented with this but it only posts the first item , which is my
    original problem. I want to be able post/submit multiple selections.

    anymore hints please ?

    FO

    fo, Jul 6, 2004
  6. fo

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 14:31:03 +1000, "fo" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >I experimented with this but it only posts the first item , which is my
    >original problem. I want to be able post/submit multiple selections.

    What happens when you run the code exactly as written in my example?
    I tested it with an echo server and it posted two items, as I show in
    the example. You can download the echo server.

    See http://mindprod.com/products.html#ECHO

    Perhaps the problem is a bug in your browser. I used Opera 7.51. Try
    with that.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 6, 2004
  7. fo

    fo Guest

    I am running EI 6.
    Sorry I am a beginner when it comes to running a server . I have downloaded
    and unzipped it but that is it :-(

    Thank for your help again

    fo, Jul 6, 2004
  8. fo

    Fahd Shariff Guest

    Fahd Shariff, Jul 6, 2004
  9. fo

    wrote or quoted :

    >Can some kind Java person have a look at my form and advise me how can I
    >pass the selected options to my submitted form. When I submit only the first
    >selected option is posted. Selection box has multiple selection option.
    >Please scroll down to the section 'F -. Golf Tour Destinations' this is the
    >only bit isn't working.

    Another quite different way to skin this cat is to write an Applet to
    gather the data, and the have it collect it together and pass it off
    as if it came from a form. Then bugs in the browser can't affect you,
    but browsers with ancient Javas or no Javas can.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/cgi.html
    for notes on how this is done.

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.