please let me know where to start?

MT McNasty

Hi. I'm trying to start modifying a VNC client (say RealVNC or UltraVNC).
My problem is that I don't even know where to begin? I can't find a list of
API's on any of them, and I just don't know where to start.

If you could point me to a FAQ or ANYTHING that can help me get started I'd
be grateful.

-MT

0502160x530x200x650x200x610x200x6e

Ben Measures

MT said:
Hi. I'm trying to start modifying a VNC client (say RealVNC or UltraVNC).
My problem is that I don't even know where to begin? I can't find a list of
API's on any of them, and I just don't know where to start.

Why don't you start with reading the source code, specifically the
header files?

Mehdi

Hi. I'm trying to start modifying a VNC client (say RealVNC or UltraVNC).
My problem is that I don't even know where to begin? I can't find a list of
API's on any of them, and I just don't know where to start.

If you could point me to a FAQ or ANYTHING that can help me get started I'd
be grateful.

Why not simply going to the VNC web site (http://www.realvnc.com)? In the
doumentation section they have lots of documentation including the protocol
specs, details about how VNC works... They also have a FAQ and a mailing
list.