Please! Need tips on getting started with Index Server and ASP.NET (including Powerpoint indexing)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kent P. Iler, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. Kent P. Iler

    Kent P. Iler Guest

    Hi,

    I am building my first ASP.NET website (I've done quite a few in ASP with
    windows DNA, but none needing Index server).

    I need to have a site search, and want the results formatted in a specific
    way. I have a few ASP.NET books, but they don't even have sections in them
    (Wrox Professional ASP.NET, etc.).

    If you know of any online sites with some good references on customizing
    Index Server results, I'd appreciate a response with those.

    I will need to index a repository of PowerPoint files, but as I understand
    it, Index Server will do that automatically.

    Thanks for any help you can give.

    -- Kent Iler

    Please CC: all replies via e-mail
    Remove .NOSPAM from e-mail address

    Kent P. Iler, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Kent P. Iler

    Teemu Keiski Guest

    Hi,

    Perhaps Indexing Service docs could help you.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...dexsrv/html/indexingservicestartpage_6td1.asp

    --
    Teemu Keiski
    MCP, Designer/Developer