Please participate in a non-profit academic research

Lillian

Dear all:

We are researchers from Shih Hsin University and we are currently
launching the 2006 New Energy and Environmental Media Issues Survey,
this is a non-profit academic research. In this survey, we would like
to know your opinions about the topics of adoption and safety of new
energy related technology, and your opinion about Kyoto Protocol
related media issues. Your answers will produce valuable information
for our researchers. Your personal details will not be made publicly

available. You can find the URL as below: http://www.e-mediasurvey.com

As thanks for your participating in our survey, we will offer four
screen savers for the interviewees who complete the questionnaire. The
screen savers will be available for download on the final page of the
questionnaire. They include the photos of BMW H2R hydrogen vehicle,
BMW hybrid car, Honda hybrid cars 2001-2006 and Honda fuel cell
vehicles. We appreciate BMW and Honda allowing us to use these photos
to produce screen savers to help this academic research. Would you
please complete the questionnaire as part of the survey? Thank you for
your cooperation.

Project Leader: Mavis Tsai, Ph.D. Co-project Leader: Scott
Warren, Ph.D.
Researchers: PingYuan Sun, BiTing Qiou, YunZe Que

Sponsorship:
UNIDO-ICHET
The CCS Global Group
Screen Saver photos authorized by BMW, Honda.

<Please complete the questionnaire as part of the survey, and help us
by forwarding this important survey message. >

CBFalconer

Lillian said:
We are researchers from Shih Hsin University and we are currently
launching the 2006 New Energy and Environmental Media Issues Survey,
this is a non-profit academic research. In this survey, we would like
to know your opinions about the topics of adoption and safety of new
energy related technology, and your opinion about Kyoto Protocol
related media issues. Your answers will produce valuable information
for our researchers. Your personal details will not be made publicly
available. You can find the URL as below: http://www.e-mediasurvey.com

Not a chance, since you have misused usenet by multiposting this.
I could have forgiven a cross-post with follow-ups set, but not
this.

Ian Collins

CBFalconer said:
Not a chance, since you have misused usenet by multiposting this.
I could have forgiven a cross-post with follow-ups set, but not
this.
Please don't reply to these, they never read the responses and news
servers can filter them out. The first many here will have seen of this
spam is your response.

Al Balmer

Please don't reply to these, they never read the responses and news
servers can filter them out. The first many here will have seen of this
spam is your response.

<OT> On what basis would a news server filter this message? I can't
imagine any that wouldn't filter a lot of desirable messages.

I suppose one could just filter on google groups - I've sometimes
considered it :)

Keith Thompson

Al Balmer said:
<OT> On what basis would a news server filter this message? I can't
imagine any that wouldn't filter a lot of desirable messages.

I suppose one could just filter on google groups - I've sometimes
considered it :)

If the server, or something else, detects that the same article has
been posted to a large number of newsgroups, it can mark it as spam
and filter it out on that basis.

Some years ago, when I still paid attention to this stuff, some people
were running scanners that would automatically detect spam and issue
advisory cancellations that would be honored by some (but not all)
servers. I don't know what the current state of affairs is. Anyone
who's curious should check news.admin.net-abuse.usenet.

Ian Collins

Al said:
<OT> On what basis would a news server filter this message? I can't
imagine any that wouldn't filter a lot of desirable messages.
I'm not sure, but news.individual.net did.
I suppose one could just filter on google groups - I've sometimes
considered it :)
That certainly would keep the noise down!

Al Balmer

If the server, or something else, detects that the same article has
been posted to a large number of newsgroups, it can mark it as spam
and filter it out on that basis.

I suppose, but that route seems pretty tricky, and easy to circumvent.
Some years ago, when I still paid attention to this stuff, some people
were running scanners that would automatically detect spam and issue
advisory cancellations that would be honored by some (but not all)
servers. I don't know what the current state of affairs is. Anyone
who's curious should check news.admin.net-abuse.usenet.

That might be the answer. There are still such services available.
Spamcop.net is one.

Default User

Al said:
<OT> On what basis would a news server filter this message? I can't
imagine any that wouldn't filter a lot of desirable messages.

I suppose one could just filter on google groups - I've sometimes
considered it :)

The same message multiposted many times, seems easy to filter. NIN
certainly did.

Brian (NIN is my friend)