Please participate in a non-profit academic research

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Lillian, Aug 23, 2006.

  1. Lillian

    Lillian Guest

    Dear all:

    We are researchers from Shih Hsin University and we are currently
    launching the 2006 New Energy and Environmental Media Issues Survey,
    this is a non-profit academic research. In this survey, we would like
    to know your opinions about the topics of adoption and safety of new
    energy related technology, and your opinion about Kyoto Protocol
    related media issues. Your answers will produce valuable information
    for our researchers. Your personal details will not be made publicly

    available. You can find the URL as below: http://www.e-mediasurvey.com

    As thanks for your participating in our survey, we will offer four
    screen savers for the interviewees who complete the questionnaire. The
    screen savers will be available for download on the final page of the
    questionnaire. They include the photos of BMW H2R hydrogen vehicle,
    BMW hybrid car, Honda hybrid cars 2001-2006 and Honda fuel cell
    vehicles. We appreciate BMW and Honda allowing us to use these photos
    to produce screen savers to help this academic research. Would you
    please complete the questionnaire as part of the survey? Thank you for
    your cooperation.

    Project Leader: Mavis Tsai, Ph.D. Co-project Leader: Scott
    Warren, Ph.D.
    Researchers: PingYuan Sun, BiTing Qiou, YunZe Que

    Sponsorship:
    UNIDO-ICHET
    The CCS Global Group
    Screen Saver photos authorized by BMW, Honda.

    <Please complete the questionnaire as part of the survey, and help us
    by forwarding this important survey message. >

    Lillian, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Lillian

    CBFalconer Guest

    Lillian wrote:

    > We are researchers from Shih Hsin University and we are currently
    > launching the 2006 New Energy and Environmental Media Issues Survey,
    > this is a non-profit academic research. In this survey, we would like
    > to know your opinions about the topics of adoption and safety of new
    > energy related technology, and your opinion about Kyoto Protocol
    > related media issues. Your answers will produce valuable information
    > for our researchers. Your personal details will not be made publicly
    > available. You can find the URL as below: http://www.e-mediasurvey.com

    Not a chance, since you have misused usenet by multiposting this.
    I could have forgiven a cross-post with follow-ups set, but not
    this.

    --
    Chuck F () ()
    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net> USE maineline address!

    CBFalconer, Aug 23, 2006

  3. Lillian

    Ian Collins Guest

    CBFalconer wrote:

    > Not a chance, since you have misused usenet by multiposting this.
    > I could have forgiven a cross-post with follow-ups set, but not
    > this.

    Please don't reply to these, they never read the responses and news
    servers can filter them out. The first many here will have seen of this
    spam is your response.

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Aug 23, 2006
  4. Lillian

    Al Balmer Guest

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:07:17 +1200, Ian Collins <>
    wrote:

    >CBFalconer wrote:
    >>
    >> Not a chance, since you have misused usenet by multiposting this.
    >> I could have forgiven a cross-post with follow-ups set, but not
    >> this.
    >>

    >Please don't reply to these, they never read the responses and news
    >servers can filter them out. The first many here will have seen of this
    >spam is your response.

    <OT> On what basis would a news server filter this message? I can't
    imagine any that wouldn't filter a lot of desirable messages.

    I suppose one could just filter on google groups - I've sometimes
    considered it :)

    --
    Al Balmer
    Sun City, AZ

    Al Balmer, Aug 23, 2006
  5. Al Balmer <> writes:
    > On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:07:17 +1200, Ian Collins <>
    > wrote:
    >>CBFalconer wrote:
    >>> Not a chance, since you have misused usenet by multiposting this.
    >>> I could have forgiven a cross-post with follow-ups set, but not
    >>> this.
    >>>

    >>Please don't reply to these, they never read the responses and news
    >>servers can filter them out. The first many here will have seen of this
    >>spam is your response.

    > <OT> On what basis would a news server filter this message? I can't
    > imagine any that wouldn't filter a lot of desirable messages.
    >
    > I suppose one could just filter on google groups - I've sometimes
    > considered it :)

    If the server, or something else, detects that the same article has
    been posted to a large number of newsgroups, it can mark it as spam
    and filter it out on that basis.

    Some years ago, when I still paid attention to this stuff, some people
    were running scanners that would automatically detect spam and issue
    advisory cancellations that would be honored by some (but not all)
    servers. I don't know what the current state of affairs is. Anyone
    who's curious should check news.admin.net-abuse.usenet.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 23, 2006
  6. Lillian

    Ian Collins Guest

    Al Balmer wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:07:17 +1200, Ian Collins <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>CBFalconer wrote:
    >>
    >>>Not a chance, since you have misused usenet by multiposting this.
    >>>I could have forgiven a cross-post with follow-ups set, but not
    >>>this.
    >>>

    >>Please don't reply to these, they never read the responses and news
    >>servers can filter them out. The first many here will have seen of this
    >>spam is your response.

    > <OT> On what basis would a news server filter this message? I can't
    > imagine any that wouldn't filter a lot of desirable messages.

    I'm not sure, but news.individual.net did.

    > I suppose one could just filter on google groups - I've sometimes
    > considered it :)

    That certainly would keep the noise down!

    --
    Ian Collins.

    Ian Collins, Aug 23, 2006
  7. Lillian

    Al Balmer Guest

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:21:38 GMT, Keith Thompson <>
    wrote:

    >Al Balmer <> writes:
    >> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:07:17 +1200, Ian Collins <>
    >> wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>Please don't reply to these, they never read the responses and news
    >>>servers can filter them out. The first many here will have seen of this
    >>>spam is your response.

    >> <OT> On what basis would a news server filter this message? I can't
    >> imagine any that wouldn't filter a lot of desirable messages.
    >>
    >> I suppose one could just filter on google groups - I've sometimes
    >> considered it :)

    >If the server, or something else, detects that the same article has
    >been posted to a large number of newsgroups, it can mark it as spam
    >and filter it out on that basis.

    I suppose, but that route seems pretty tricky, and easy to circumvent.

    >Some years ago, when I still paid attention to this stuff, some people
    >were running scanners that would automatically detect spam and issue
    >advisory cancellations that would be honored by some (but not all)
    >servers. I don't know what the current state of affairs is. Anyone
    >who's curious should check news.admin.net-abuse.usenet.

    That might be the answer. There are still such services available.
    Spamcop.net is one.

    --
    Al Balmer
    Sun City, AZ

    Al Balmer, Aug 23, 2006
  8. Lillian

    Default User Guest

    Al Balmer wrote:

    > On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:07:17 +1200, Ian Collins <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > CBFalconer wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Not a chance, since you have misused usenet by multiposting this.
    > >> I could have forgiven a cross-post with follow-ups set, but not
    > >> this.
    > >>

    > > Please don't reply to these, they never read the responses and news
    > > servers can filter them out. The first many here will have seen of
    > > this spam is your response.

    > <OT> On what basis would a news server filter this message? I can't
    > imagine any that wouldn't filter a lot of desirable messages.
    >
    > I suppose one could just filter on google groups - I've sometimes
    > considered it :)

    The same message multiposted many times, seems easy to filter. NIN
    certainly did.

    Brian (NIN is my friend)

    Default User, Aug 23, 2006