Please Please Help!!

Ayeda

WocBSe1QFHLRlEH2Ki+Gl8DIjHmu9wcQ

Hi all,
Dont know if this is the right place to submit questions. but i need
help :(
I need to convert this pl/sql function to java function so that i can
use it my jsp page.

FUNCTION countItem(adminUser IN STRING,
m_menu IN NUMBER)
RETURN NUMBER IS
cno NUMBER := 0;
CURSOR cAdminMenu(adminUser VARCHAR2 ) IS
SELECT M.menuid,G.pageid,M.description,G.name,G.url
FROM useraccess P, pages G, menues M, submenues T
WHERE P.userid = adminUser
AND T.menuid = M.menuid
AND T.pageid = G.pageid
AND P.pageid=G.pageid
AND G.publicaccess = 'N'
UNION
SELECT M.menuid,G.pageid,M.description,G.name,G.url
FROM groupaccess P, pages G, menues M, submenues T
WHERE P.grpid IN (SELECT GRP_ID FROM GROUPUSERS WHERE USR_ID =
adminUser)
AND T.menuid = M.menuid
AND T.pageid = G.pageid
AND P.pageid=G.pageid
AND G.publicaccess = 'N'
UNION
SELECT M.menuid,G.pageid,M.description,G.name,G.url
FROM pages G, menues M, submenues T
WHERE T.menuid = M.menuid
AND T.pageid = G.pageid
AND G.publicaccess = 'Y'
ORDER BY 1,2;
BEGIN

FOR t IN cAdminMenu(adminUser) LOOP
IF t.menuid = m_menu THEN
cno := cno + 1;
END IF;

END LOOP;
RETURN cno;
END;

I would really appreciate your help.
Regards,
Ayeda

Andrew Thompson

| WocBSe1QFHLRlEH2Ki+Gl8DIjHmu9wcQ
|
| Hi all,
| Dont know if this is the right place to submit questions. but i
need
| help :(
| I need to convert this pl/sql function to java function so that
i can
| use it my jsp page.

Why Ayeda? Why not just use pl/sql?

If you are learning Java you will need to
put more effort in.

If you are _not_ learning Java you may
need to hire somone to do it for you,
or go to eLance, where there are oodles
of people just hankering for a few bucks.

Loco Pollo

so this elance site. $120/quarter? this is more for headhunters right?
are there any free sites for programmers lookin to freelance? i guess
i'm silly to keep postin on dice and monster.

Andrew Thompson

| so this elance site. $120/quarter? this is more for headhunters
right?
| are there any free sites for programmers lookin to freelance? i
guess
| i'm silly to keep postin on dice and monster.

Sorry Loco, only heard of eLance recently.
A friend asked for bids to review a program
he had written. it was not working right, and
neither he nor I could figure why.

The sucessful bid was $100, from a Russian bidder
who 'rated well' on their system. He accepted
the bid and gave the program. When it arrived
back in three days - all was fixed.

So, ..as far as I know.
No, it is _not_ big corporate headhunters, it's
for your 'average Joe'. In fact, if you have a
little cash, they seem very happy to talk to you.

I don't know what arrangememts the programmers
have with eLance, but I _imagine_ payments
would come via eLancce and they would take
a percentage.

HTH

Ayeda

Thanks Adrew and Loco on your help..
but my problems still aint fixed...
could u at least give me some sites where i can check the conversion
from SQL to JAVA. Honestly loco, i have no idea why they want it in
JAVA. am a plsql freak and love to deal with it more than others. but
when boss say jump, u only expected to answer how high!!

thanks alot guys on the help.
Regards,
Ayeda

Andrew Thompson

| Thanks Adrew and Loco on your help..
| but my problems still aint fixed...
| could u at least give me some sites where i can check the
conversion
| from SQL to JAVA. Honestly loco, i have no idea why they want
it in
| JAVA. am a plsql freak and love to deal with it more than
others. but
| when boss say jump, u only expected to answer how high!!

Sorry, I am no expert on SQL.

Loco Pollo

they want 8% + $120/quarter. i can accept 8%(headhunters take alot
more than 8%) but they want $120 just to register with them?

Andrew Thompson

| they want 8% + $120/quarter. i can accept 8%(headhunters take
alot
| more than 8%) but they want $120 just to register with them?

Please do not top post Loco, it's messin'
with my head..

| > The sucessful bid was $100, from a Russian bidder

100-8 = 92 -> 1 job of three days..
(shrugs)

Ayeda

Thanks alot everyone...
I finally did it on my own..
just was a bit scared at the begining...

Appreciate your help...

Regards,
Ayeda