    I find some online course, i.e. http://www.upriss.org.uk/python/PythonCourse.html
    & http://www.python.org/doc/essays/ppt/sd99east/index.htm but I
    didn't find the code needed, could anyone recommend it to me? thanks.
    Royt, Jun 12, 2008

  2. Royt wrote:

    > Hi, I'm a newbie to Python, but I think it won't be too hard to learn.
    > A few days ago I registered Google App Engine, it only support Python
    > 2.5. I want to set my blog on it soon. But it's not easy for me to
    > finish it in a short time since I'm not very familiar with Python, so
    > I want find some codes available, throught reading the code, I can
    > learn something from it. I know there are many frameworks for web
    > development, but I just want the code using traditional CGI method,
    > it's easy to use and it doesn't require any additional knowledge about
    > framework. I need a simple example (support basic function of a
    > weblog, easy to revise) but not a complicated huge monster (I don't
    > think such a thing now exists).

    I guess you are out of luck. Usually people use frameworks because it *does*
    make work easier. AFAIK google engine supports Django. So try & aquaint you
    with that - and I bet there are Django-based blogs out there.

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Jun 12, 2008

  3. Royt

    Royt Guest

    On Jun 12, 4:58 pm, "Diez B. Roggisch" <> wrote:
    > Royt wrote:
    > > Hi, I'm a newbie to Python, but I think it won't be too hard to learn.
    > > A few days ago I registered Google App Engine, it only support Python
    > > 2.5. I want to set my blog on it soon. But it's not easy for me to
    > > finish it in a short time since I'm not very familiar with Python, so
    > > I want find some codes available, throught reading the code, I can
    > > learn something from it. I know there are many frameworks for web
    > > development, but I just want the code using traditional CGI method,
    > > it's easy to use and it doesn't require any additional knowledge about
    > > framework. I need a simple example (support basic function of a
    > > weblog, easy to revise) but not a complicated huge monster (I don't
    > > think such a thing now exists).

    > I guess you are out of luck. Usually people use frameworks because it *does*
    > make work easier. AFAIK google engine supports Django. So try & aquaint you
    > with that - and I bet there are Django-based blogs out there.
    >
    > Diez

    Oh, I'm out of luck, maybe it means few code of python-cgi blog
    exists. So I'd like to find a django blog, sf.net should at least have
    a piece of code, I guess. Of course, if someone could tell which
    project is sipmle but pragmatic, that's better.
    Royt, Jun 13, 2008