Please recommend a blog program written using python-cgi

Royt

Hi, I'm a newbie to Python, but I think it won't be too hard to learn.
A few days ago I registered Google App Engine, it only support Python
2.5. I want to set my blog on it soon. But it's not easy for me to
finish it in a short time since I'm not very familiar with Python, so
I want find some codes available, throught reading the code, I can
learn something from it. I know there are many frameworks for web
development, but I just want the code using traditional CGI method,
it's easy to use and it doesn't require any additional knowledge about
framework. I need a simple example (support basic function of a
weblog, easy to revise) but not a complicated huge monster (I don't
think such a thing now exists).

I find some online course, i.e. http://www.upriss.org.uk/python/PythonCourse.html
& http://www.python.org/doc/essays/ppt/sd99east/index.htm but I
didn't find the code needed, could anyone recommend it to me? thanks.

Diez B. Roggisch

Royt said:
Hi, I'm a newbie to Python, but I think it won't be too hard to learn.
A few days ago I registered Google App Engine, it only support Python
2.5. I want to set my blog on it soon. But it's not easy for me to
finish it in a short time since I'm not very familiar with Python, so
I want find some codes available, throught reading the code, I can
learn something from it. I know there are many frameworks for web
development, but I just want the code using traditional CGI method,
it's easy to use and it doesn't require any additional knowledge about
framework. I need a simple example (support basic function of a
weblog, easy to revise) but not a complicated huge monster (I don't
think such a thing now exists).

I guess you are out of luck. Usually people use frameworks because it *does*
make work easier. AFAIK google engine supports Django. So try & aquaint you
with that - and I bet there are Django-based blogs out there.

Diez

Royt

I guess you are out of luck. Usually people use frameworks because it *does*
make work easier. AFAIK google engine supports Django. So try & aquaint you
with that - and I bet there are Django-based blogs out there.

Diez

Oh, I'm out of luck, maybe it means few code of python-cgi blog
exists. So I'd like to find a django blog, sf.net should at least have
a piece of code, I guess. Of course, if someone could tell which
project is sipmle but pragmatic, that's better.