    Ipswitch WSFTP is no longer freeware .. Please recommend an alternative
    cheers
    cw
    code_wrong, Nov 10, 2005

  2. code_wrong

    brucie Guest

    In post <news:43737bdd$>,
    code_wrong said:

    > Hi,

    kissy

    http://www.coreftp.com/

    --
    l i t t l e v o i c e s
    brucie, Nov 10, 2005

  3. code_wrong

    Si Ballenger Guest

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:56:15 -0000, "code_wrong" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >Ipswitch WSFTP is no longer freeware .. Please recommend an alternative
    >cheers
    >cw

    If you use windows XP, try typing ftp -? at the command prompt
    and you get the below. Free and included in XP pro (not sure
    about other versions)

    Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
    (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

    D:\WINDOWS\system32>ftp -?

    Transfers files to and from a computer running an FTP server
    service
    (sometimes called a daemon). Ftp can be used interactively.

    FTP [-v] [-d] [-i] [-n] [-g] [-s:filename] [-a] [-w:windowsize]
    [-A] [host]

    -v Suppresses display of remote server responses.
    -n Suppresses auto-login upon initial connection.
    -i Turns off interactive prompting during multiple
    file
    transfers.
    -d Enables debugging.
    -g Disables filename globbing (see GLOB command).
    -s:filename Specifies a text file containing FTP commands;
    the
    commands will automatically run after FTP
    starts.
    -a Use any local interface when binding data
    connection.
    -A login as anonymous.
    -w:buffersize Overrides the default transfer buffer size of
    4096.
    host Specifies the host name or IP address of the
    remote
    host to connect to.

    Notes:
    - mget and mput commands take y/n/q for yes/no/quit.
    - Use Control-C to abort commands.

    D:\WINDOWS\system32>
    Si Ballenger, Nov 10, 2005

    http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Kim_Andr=E9_Aker=F8?=, Nov 10, 2005
  5. code_wrong

    code_wrong Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > In post <news:43737bdd$>,
    > code_wrong said:
    >
    >> Hi,

    > kissy
    >
    >> Ipswitch WSFTP is no longer freeware .. Please recommend an alternative

    > http://www.coreftp.com/

    thanks, looks useful
    cw
    code_wrong, Nov 10, 2005
  6. code_wrong

    code_wrong Guest

    "Kim André Akerø" <> wrote in message
    > code_wrong wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> Ipswitch WSFTP is no longer freeware .. Please recommend an
    >> alternative cheers
    >> cw

    > http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/

    thanks, I'll take a look
    cw
    code_wrong, Nov 10, 2005
  7. code_wrong wrote:

    > Hi,
    > Ipswitch WSFTP is no longer freeware .. Please recommend an
    > alternative cheers

    LeechFTP

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all Google Groups posts.
    Blinky the Shark, Nov 10, 2005
  8. code_wrong

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Si Ballenger wrote:

    > If you use windows XP, try typing ftp -? at the command prompt
    > and you get the below. Free and included in XP pro (not sure
    > about other versions)

    Command-line ftp is available in Windows since Windows 95. It is based on
    the BSD FTP client, clones of which can be found pre-installed with pretty
    much any Linux/UNIX installation too. So learn one and you'll be
    comfortable with them all!

    My favourite FTP client though is NcFTP.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Nov 12, 2005
  9. code_wrong

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Toby Inkster, Nov 12, 2005
  10. Edwin van der Vaart, Nov 12, 2005
  11. Toby Inkster wrote:

    > My favourite FTP client though is NcFTP.

    +1
    Mitja Trampus, Nov 12, 2005
  12. Disco Octopus, Nov 13, 2005
  13. code_wrong

    Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, Edwin van der Vaart quothed:

    > code_wrong wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > Ipswitch WSFTP is no longer freeware .. Please recommend an alternative

    To cw:

    I don't know why more people don't just use IE's ftp thingy. There's no
    binary/ascii file differentiation to worry about and if you can keep
    your paths straight (-which is easy and any web page maker should be
    able to do), there's nothing simpler, cheaper, or more straightforward.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Nov 13, 2005