Please recommend a Web Hosting Service that supports ASP.NET and SQL server.

jonny

Please recommend a Web Hosting Service that supports ASP.NET and SQL
server. I am new at this and just signed up with Yahoo before I new
any better. It appears that yahoo does not support ASP.NET and SQL
server. (Instead yahoo offers PHP and MySQL)

Also, good site to go and get a domain name.

Thank you.

Brandon Gano

I use Discount ASP.NET for hosting and GoDaddy for domain names.

http://www.discountasp.net/

They run in modified full trust, which you won't find on most shared hosting
services. The control panel is far better than anything I've seen elsewhere,
and they offer countless commercial controls and components with every
hosting account.

They have one base plan $10/month and you can add services from there (SQL
Server is $10/month extra). ASP.NET is all they do, so the servers are setup
perfectly and the support is great.

I was recently tempted by GoDaddy's much lower ASP.NET hosting. What a
mistake that was. They run in strict Medium Trust, so you basically can't do
anything useful with i/o. They don't allow database connections from outside
their server, so you are forced to use their web-based database tools. They
don't offer any kind of free database backup/restore options. And don't
bother calling their technical support. They are all linix/php guys and
don't know anything about Windows or ASP.NET.

Don't get me wrong, GoDaddy is great for domain registration and php/mysql
hosting. ASP.NET is just not their thing.