    server. (Instead yahoo offers PHP and MySQL)

    Also, good site to go and get a domain name.

    Thank you.
    jonny, Jul 18, 2007

  2. jonny

    Brandon Gano Guest

    I use Discount ASP.NET for hosting and GoDaddy for domain names.

    http://www.discountasp.net/

    They run in modified full trust, which you won't find on most shared hosting
    services. The control panel is far better than anything I've seen elsewhere,
    and they offer countless commercial controls and components with every
    hosting account.

    They have one base plan $10/month and you can add services from there (SQL
    Server is $10/month extra). ASP.NET is all they do, so the servers are setup
    perfectly and the support is great.

    I was recently tempted by GoDaddy's much lower ASP.NET hosting. What a
    mistake that was. They run in strict Medium Trust, so you basically can't do
    anything useful with i/o. They don't allow database connections from outside
    their server, so you are forced to use their web-based database tools. They
    don't offer any kind of free database backup/restore options. And don't
    bother calling their technical support. They are all linix/php guys and
    don't know anything about Windows or ASP.NET.

    Don't get me wrong, GoDaddy is great for domain registration and php/mysql
    hosting. ASP.NET is just not their thing.

    Brandon Gano, Jul 18, 2007

  3. jonny

    AG Guest

    http://www.infosaic.com