    Please suggest affordable web hosting services. I have heard of Fatcow,
    however, I have no knowledge of its business practices. Is it worthy?

    iMac G4 user

    iMac Lover, Dec 22, 2004

  2. iMac Lover

    saz Guest

    In article <0001HW.BDEF2F6200454E1BF02845B0@news-
    server.midsouth.rr.com>, n says...

    I would recommend www.page-zone.com

    saz, Dec 22, 2004

  3. iMac Lover

    Guest

    I'll second page-zone.com - they rock.
    Have been with them for a couple of years and have a few domains over
    there.

    , Dec 22, 2004
  4. iMac Lover

    bPstyles Guest

    "iMac Lover" <> wrote in message
    > I am interesting in setting up a personal website for business purposes.
    > Please suggest affordable web hosting services. I have heard of Fatcow,
    > however, I have no knowledge of its business practices. Is it worthy?

    I don't know if there is a better solution that affordablehost.com

    For starters, they have a completely no-strings attached free hosting plan
    (50mb, 500mb bandwidth, no POP, 10 email forwards, ftp). No ads, no other
    limitations, no charges at all. Furthermore, they have teh best support I
    have ever seen in the form of phone support, quick email, and an 18-hour irc
    chat room where people actually answer you. To be truthful, i feel like I
    am in heaven when I deal with them.

    The reason they offer the free service - and this came straight from the
    owner of the company, Karen - is that they are so confident in their
    services that people always upgrade to the pay programs (which are
    inexpensive too). She was right, I did.

    http://affordablehost.com/cpanel.shtml <-- prices

    They are also extremely flexible. I needed a plan where I can get up to 200
    gigs of bandwidth only three months out of the year (I run a sports video
    game review site and when the Madden football games come out in August, my
    traffic goes nuts (last year, it went from an average of 500 a day to 75,000
    in one day) and then subsides. So, I am going to set up a plan where I use
    my normal hosting plan (the "Single E" at $19.95) and then get a modified
    plan for August, Sept, Oct.

    I recommend these guys to everyone.

    bPstyles, Dec 22, 2004
  5. iMac Lover

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle bPstyles scribbled in the mud:

    > I don't know if there is a better solution that affordablehost.com
    >
    > For starters, they have a completely no-strings attached free hosting
    > plan (50mb, 500mb bandwidth, no POP, 10 email forwards, ftp). No ads,
    > no other limitations, no charges at all. Furthermore, they have teh
    > best support I have ever seen in the form of phone support, quick email,
    > and an 18-hour irc chat room where people actually answer you. To be
    > truthful, i feel like I am in heaven when I deal with them.
    >
    > The reason they offer the free service - and this came straight from the
    > owner of the company, Karen

    Just wait until Tina learns that Karen now owns affordablehost.

    --
    D?
    If it ain't broken fix it anyway.

    Duende, Dec 22, 2004
  6. "Duende" <> wrote in message
    > While sitting in a puddle bPstyles scribbled in the mud:
    >
    >> I don't know if there is a better solution that affordablehost.com
    >>
    >> For starters, they have a completely no-strings attached free hosting
    >> plan (50mb, 500mb bandwidth, no POP, 10 email forwards, ftp). No ads,
    >> no other limitations, no charges at all. Furthermore, they have teh
    >> best support I have ever seen in the form of phone support, quick email,
    >> and an 18-hour irc chat room where people actually answer you. To be
    >> truthful, i feel like I am in heaven when I deal with them.
    >>
    >> The reason they offer the free service - and this came straight from the
    >> owner of the company, Karen

    > Just wait until Tina learns that Karen now owns affordablehost.

    Heh...I've been called worse. ;-)

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com - Multi-Domain & Reseller Cpanel Hosting
    ++ 20% Discount Coupon Code ++: newsgroup

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Dec 22, 2004
  7. iMac Lover

    bPstyles Guest

    "Duende" <> wrote in message
    > While sitting in a puddle bPstyles scribbled in the mud:
    >
    > > I don't know if there is a better solution that affordablehost.com
    > >
    > > For starters, they have a completely no-strings attached free hosting
    > > plan (50mb, 500mb bandwidth, no POP, 10 email forwards, ftp). No ads,
    > > no other limitations, no charges at all. Furthermore, they have teh
    > > best support I have ever seen in the form of phone support, quick email,
    > > and an 18-hour irc chat room where people actually answer you. To be
    > > truthful, i feel like I am in heaven when I deal with them.
    > >
    > > The reason they offer the free service - and this came straight from the
    > > owner of the company, Karen

    > Just wait until Tina learns that Karen now owns affordablehost.

    LOL! My bad. She was helpful, too!

    bPstyles, Dec 22, 2004
  8. iMac Lover

    bPstyles Guest

    "Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc." <> wrote in message

    > "Duende" <> wrote in message
    > > While sitting in a puddle bPstyles scribbled in the mud:
    > >
    > >> I don't know if there is a better solution that affordablehost.com
    > >>
    > >> For starters, they have a completely no-strings attached free hosting
    > >> plan (50mb, 500mb bandwidth, no POP, 10 email forwards, ftp). No ads,
    > >> no other limitations, no charges at all. Furthermore, they have teh
    > >> best support I have ever seen in the form of phone support, quick

    email,
    > >> and an 18-hour irc chat room where people actually answer you. To be
    > >> truthful, i feel like I am in heaven when I deal with them.
    > >>
    > >> The reason they offer the free service - and this came straight from

    the
    > >> owner of the company, Karen

    > > Just wait until Tina learns that Karen now owns affordablehost.

    > Heh...I've been called worse. ;-)

    There you are! I can't tell enough people about you guys. I am actually
    looking forward to paying more money! The chat room set-up absolutely
    rules. When I was chatting with someone in there about special plans, I
    didn't have to wait on goddamned hold and listen to cheesy music. :)

    bPstyles, Dec 22, 2004
  9. iMac Lover

    Duende Guest

    While sitting in a puddle bPstyles scribbled in the mud:

    >> Just wait until Tina learns that Karen now owns affordablehost.

    > LOL! My bad. She was helpful, too!

    Who, Karen or Tina?

    Duende, Dec 22, 2004
  10. iMac Lover

    bPstyles Guest

    "Duende" <> wrote in message
    > While sitting in a puddle bPstyles scribbled in the mud:
    >

    > >> Just wait until Tina learns that Karen now owns affordablehost.

    > > LOL! My bad. She was helpful, too!
    > >

    > Who, Karen or Tina?

    Well, I don't know who the hell Karen is. Just a slip-up by me

    bPstyles, Dec 22, 2004
  11. RE/
    >I don't know if there is a better solution that affordablehost.com

    For 50-megs/freebie use, Discount-Hosting offers PHP and mySql for $10 per year
    whereas affordable does not include PHP/MySql in their freebie account.

    OTOH, Discount wants your entire domain. You can't just point the web record
    there and the email elswhere. Affordable lets you pick and choose.

    I signed up with Discount and gave them my ten bucks bc I wanted to be able to
    dabble in PHP/MySql, but did not immediately want the larger account that would
    have been needed on Affordable.

    Once my "real" web site exceeds Discount's 50 megs, I think I'll move it to an
    AffordableHost $60 per year account - if only bc one of their principals
    frequents this NG.
    --
    PeteCresswell

    (Pete Cresswell), Dec 23, 2004
  12. Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc. wrote:

    > "Duende" <> wrote in message

    >> While sitting in a puddle bPstyles scribbled in the mud:

    >>> I don't know if there is a better solution that affordablehost.com

    >>> For starters, they have a completely no-strings attached free hosting
    >>> plan (50mb, 500mb bandwidth, no POP, 10 email forwards, ftp). No ads,
    >>> no other limitations, no charges at all. Furthermore, they have teh
    >>> best support I have ever seen in the form of phone support, quick email,
    >>> and an 18-hour irc chat room where people actually answer you. To be
    >>> truthful, i feel like I am in heaven when I deal with them.

    >>> The reason they offer the free service - and this came straight from the
    >>> owner of the company, Karen

    >> Just wait until Tina learns that Karen now owns affordablehost.

    > Heh...I've been called worse. ;-)

    Has anyone ever seen you and Karen in the same room at the same time?
    ;)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 23, 2004