Please see statement encloded about postal and lottery laws

Linda Rowe

A chain letter is a "get rich quick" scheme that promises that your mail box
will soon be stuffed full of cash if you decide to participate. You're told
you can make thousands of dollars every month if you follow the detailed
instructions in the letter.

A typical chain letter includes names and addresses of several individuals
whom you may or may not know. You are instructed to send a certain amount of
money--usually $5--to the person at the top of the list, and then eliminate
that name and add yours to the bottom. You are then instructed to mail
copies of the letter to a few more individuals who will hopefully repeat the
entire process. The letter promises that if they follow the same procedure,
your name will gradually move to the top of the list and you'll receive
money -- lots of it.

There's at least one problem with chain letters. They're illegal if they
request money or other items of value and promise a substantial return to
the participants. Chain letters are a form of gambling, and sending them
through the mail (or delivering them in person or by computer, but mailing
money to participate) violates Title 18, United States Code, Section 1302,
the Postal Lottery Statute. (Chain letters that ask for items of minor
value, like picture postcards or recipes, may be mailed, since such items
are not things of value within the meaning of the law.)

Recently, high-tech chain letters have begun surfacing. They may be
disseminated over the Internet, or may require the copying and mailing of
computer disks rather than paper. Regardless of what technology is used to
advance the scheme, if the mail is used at any step along the way, it is
still illegal.

The main thing to remember is that a chain letter is simply a bad
investment. You certainly won't get rich. You will receive little or no
money. The few dollars you may get will probably not be as much as you spend
making and mailing copies of the chain letter.

Chain letters don't work because the promise that all participants in a
chain letter will be winners is mathematically impossible. Also, many people
participate, but do not send money to the person at the top of the list.
Some others create a chain letter that lists their name numerous times--in
various forms with different addressee. So, in reality, all the money in a
chain is going to one person.

Do not be fooled if the chain letter is used to sell inexpensive reports on
credit, mail order sales, mailing lists, or other topics. The primary
purpose is to take your money, not to sell information. "Selling" a product
does not ensure legality. Be doubly suspicious if there's a claim that the
U.S. Postal Service or U.S. Postal Inspection Service has declared the
letter legal. This is said only to mislead you. Neither the Postal Service
nor Postal Inspectors give prior approval to any chain letter.

Participating in a chain letter is a losing proposition. Turn over any chain
letter you receive that asks for money or other items of value to your local
postmaster or nearest Postal Inspector. Write on the mailing envelope of the
letter or in a separate transmittal letter, "I received this in the mail and
believe it may be illegal."

| Inspection Service Home Page |

A lot of people are doing this, anyone who actually did this plese reply and
tell me honestly how it worked. And in case no replies I will post daily to
inform others how I am doing. Others are welcome to try. I say it is only
six dollars and that is not really anything. And you can use the names you
get for another round if it works.

I included above the poatal and lottery laws about chain letters and to make
this legal I will not guarantee money until after I have tried it. And
spending $1 for 6 people on this list is just like donating a dollar to
someone. In about a week to two weeks I will post again and inform others
how this is working.

There is not a law saying you can donate a $1 to someone, and yet this could
actually make you some money.
TESTIMONY

I was browsing through newsgroups, just like you are now, and came
across an article similar to this that said you could make thousands
of dollars WITHIN WEEKS with only an initial investment of $6! So I
thought, "This must be a scam", but like most of us, I was curious, so
I kept reading. It said that you send $1 to each of the 6 names and
address stated in the article. You then place your own name and
address in the bottom of the list at #6, and post the article in at
least 200 newsgroups. (There are thousands) No catch, that was it. So
after thinking it over, and talking to a few people first, I thought
about trying it. I figured: "what have I got to lose except 6 stamps
and $6,right?" Then I invested the measly $6. Well GUESS WHAT? Within
7 days, I started getting money in the mail! I was shocked! I figured
it would end soon, but the money just kept coming in. My 1st week, I
made about $25! By the end of the 2nd week I had made a total of over
$1,100! In the 3rd week I had over $8,750 and it's still growing. This
is now my 4th week and I have made a total of just over $17,000 and
it's still coming in rapidly. It's certainly worth $6, and 6 stamps.

HOW IT WORKS - Step 1 - PREPARING THE LETTERS

You will be part of the mail order business where you will pay 1
United States dollar to the service providers listed below - there are
six (6) service providers. You are paying to have your name and
address added to their mailing list. In a stamped envelope, you will
include the one US dollar and a short letter indicating that you would
like to be put on their mailing List (PLEASE PUT ME ON YOUR MAILING
LIST) and include your Name and Address in the letter. Mail the letter
and its contents to the addresses of the Service Providers below.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE ONE DOLLAR BILL DOES NOT SHOW THROUGH THE
LETTER. THIS WILL PREVENT MAIL THEFT. ENSURE THAT THE 6 ADDRESSES
BELOW ARE CORRECT WHEN YOU TYPE THEM ON YOUR LETTERS. Overall you are
legitimately paying for a service. REMEMBER, that you will also be a
sevice provider as well, where many people will pay you to put their
name on your mailing list.

HOW IT WORKS - Step 2 - EDITING THIS LETTER

Once you have completed step 1, you now have to copy this entire
letter on to you computer in order for you to edit it. Place the
curser at the very top left of this page, right click, hold and drag
it down until you have hilighted the entire letter. Go to the top of
your browser and Right click on the "Edit" menu and then right click
again on "copy". Now go to your computer Note Pad Program, right click
on the edit menu and right click on copy/paste and the entire letter
will appear. Now save the letter as a text file. Once you have
successfully copied this letter to your Computer Note Pad Program, you
can now edit it. You must begin by removing the person in the Number
one (#1) spot of the list of service providers below. The person in
the second position will now be in the number one spot, the third
person will be in the second spot and so-on and so-forth.... In the
sixth spot you will add your name and address. Thus there will
continue to be six service providers, the only difference now is that
you removed one person in order to have your name included on the list
in the sixth spot.YOU ARE NOW READY TO BEGIN POSTING YOUR EDITED
VERSION TO THE INTERNET.

HOW IT WORKS - Step 3 - MAKING MONEY - POSTING TO THE INTERNET

Once you have completed Step two, you must now post your edited
version to internet newsgroups such as on-line forums, message boards
and discusion groups. You must post to a minimum of 200 newsgroups and
there are literally thousands of newsgroups on the internet. All that
is required is that you post to 200. The more newsgroups, the more
money you will make! ITS THAT SIMPLE

Out of 200 postings, say I receive only 5 replies (a very low
example). So then I made $5 with my name at #6 on the letter. Now,
each of the 5 persons who just sent me $1 make the MINIMUM 200
postings, each with my name at #5 and only 5 persons respond to each
of the original 5, that is another $25 for me, now those 25 each make
200 MINIMUM posts with my name at #4 and only 5 replies each, I will
bring in an additional $125!!! Now, those 125 persons turn around and
post the MINIMUM 200 with my name at #3 and only receive 5 replies
each, I will make an additional $625!!! OK, now here is the fun part,
each of those 625 persons post a MINIMUM 200 letters with my name at
#2 and they each only receive 5 replies, that just made me $3,125!!!
Those 3,125 persons will all deliver this message to 200 newsgroups
with my name at #1 and if still 5 persons per 200 newsgroups react I
will receive $15,625,00!!! With an original investment of only $6!!!
AMAZING!!! When your name is no longer on the list, you just take the
latest posting in the newsgroups, and send out another $6 to names on
the list, putting your name at number 6 again. And start posting
again. The thing to remember is: do you realize that thousands of
people all over the world are joining the internet and reading these
articles everyday!?! JUST LIKE YOU are now!!So, can you afford $6 and
see if it really works??

HONESTY AND INTEGRITY

Remember, HONESTY AND INTERGRITY are at the core of this system. This
will increase your chances of success if you honestly honor the steps
outlined above. It will work if you have honesty and integrity.

SERVICE PROVIDERS

1) TODD BELLEAU, P.O., BOX 2082, TEMPE, AZ, 85280
2) DUSTIN WALL, 12555 S. 100TH AVE, PALOS, PARK, ILL, 60464
3) GABRIEL HSU, 3549, IOWA AVE, #192 RIVERSIDE, CA, 92507
4) PATRICK CORBIERE, 332 POLAR ST. SUDBURY, ONTARIO, CANADA, P3C 2C3
5) E. B. KAHN, P.O. BOX 23051, WACO, TX 76702
6) Linda Rowe, PO BOX 95, BROWERVILLE, MN 56438

GOOD LUCK!!

2/25/2004 15:23:34

James & Nicole Drinkard

Does this really work? I might try this. If any one has made money off of
this please post something under this.
Thanks
Jimbo

Roland Bierlein

[excessive crossposting restricted to microsoft.*]

Buenas tardes: ** escribió:
[chain letter spam]
Does this really work?

Surely it does! You will receive pretty much abuse messages to your
usenet service provider, hopefully resulting in the closing of your
account. After trying this kind of thing a couple of times there is a
chance of some middle-sized black car full of personal trainers
waiting in front of your home ... <eg>

Saludos
Roland

[Fup2p]