PLEASE - Session Variables OR Response.Write querystring to target frame?

KathyB

Hi, I'm doing an asp.net app (first one) and NEED to use frames (so
please don't tell me not to!). I'm loading a mainframe.htm with two
aspx files (for example: left.aspx, right.asp).

QUESTION: I need to pass variables but can't figure out how to do it
with a Response.Write?variables command into the left.aspx page/frame.

My other thought was to use Session Variables. I know for them to be
globally available they can't be in a sub or function. These variables
will come from the initial page my user gets (login.aspx) but they are
based on user selections in listboxes
(cboCustomer.selecteditem.text)...controlled by subs or functions,
obviously.

HOW do I (1) pass variables to a child frame when both right and left
child frames are loading (via loading mainframe.htm) OR (2) how do I
set Session variables FROM user selections (i.e., selecteditemchanged
event would be a Sub and therefore not available by the other
pages???)

Please tell me what I'm probably not yet understanding. REALLY need
this information. Thanks a million,

Kathy

Natty Gur

Hi,

the easy way is to pass data between the frames using client side
javascript.

Natty Gur, CTO
Dao2Com Ltd.
28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
Israel , 51114

Phone Numbers:
Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Know the overall picture

Kathy Burke

Thanks, but that doesn't really help me. I need an example and would
also appreciate someone answering my question re: session variables. The
app is a closed one on an intranet, very controlled environment.

At least, could someone please tell me how to pass variable from a page
to a specific child page (not the parent frame?) in javascript???

thanks,

KathyBurke