PLEASE - Session Variables OR Response.Write querystring to target frame?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by KathyB, Jul 2, 2003.

  1. KathyB

    KathyB Guest

    Hi, I'm doing an asp.net app (first one) and NEED to use frames (so
    please don't tell me not to!). I'm loading a mainframe.htm with two
    aspx files (for example: left.aspx, right.asp).

    QUESTION: I need to pass variables but can't figure out how to do it
    with a Response.Write?variables command into the left.aspx page/frame.

    My other thought was to use Session Variables. I know for them to be
    globally available they can't be in a sub or function. These variables
    will come from the initial page my user gets (login.aspx) but they are
    based on user selections in listboxes
    (cboCustomer.selecteditem.text)...controlled by subs or functions,
    obviously.

    HOW do I (1) pass variables to a child frame when both right and left
    child frames are loading (via loading mainframe.htm) OR (2) how do I
    set Session variables FROM user selections (i.e., selecteditemchanged
    event would be a Sub and therefore not available by the other
    pages???)

    Please tell me what I'm probably not yet understanding. REALLY need
    this information. Thanks a million,

    Kathy

    KathyB, Jul 2, 2003

  2. KathyB

    Natty Gur Guest

    Hi,

    the easy way is to pass data between the frames using client side
    javascript.

    Natty Gur, CTO
    Dao2Com Ltd.
    28th Baruch Hirsch st. Bnei-Brak
    Israel , 51114

    Phone Numbers:
    Office: +972-(0)3-5786668
    Fax: +972-(0)3-5703475
    Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

    Know the overall picture

    Natty Gur, Jul 2, 2003

  3. KathyB

    Kathy Burke Guest

    Thanks, but that doesn't really help me. I need an example and would
    also appreciate someone answering my question re: session variables. The
    app is a closed one on an intranet, very controlled environment.

    At least, could someone please tell me how to pass variable from a page
    to a specific child page (not the parent frame?) in javascript???

    thanks,

    KathyBurke

    Kathy Burke, Jul 2, 2003