Please, somebody help...

Guest

OK, here's my problem. I have a .net Web application created on my localhost using a file share that I upload to my Windows 2003 Server. Anyway, it does not matter where I run the application, either locally or on the 2003 machine, when I go to the third page that dynamically loads a user control based off of a query string value I receive the following error, that is nothing but Greek to me

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1595: 'alss_dev.controls.blank' is defined in multiple places; using definition from 'c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\alss_dev\b23ad0af\a21862c7\assembly\dl2\ea5aa0bd\b4404809_1bfcc301\alss_dev.DLL

Source Error
Line 27:
Line 28: [System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CompilerGlobalScopeAttribute()
Line 29: public class blank_ascx : alss_dev.controls.blank
Line 30:
Line 31: private static bool __initialized = false

Source File: c:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\alss_dev\b23ad0af\a21862c7\ktk9w3jm.0.cs Line: 29

Any help or insite would be greatly appreciated
Jim

Trint Smith

Try this out and see if it fixes the problem.

Edit the machine.config file (usually located at
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\CONFIG) and comment out the
mscorlib line of the assemblies section:

<assemblies>
<!-- <add assembly="mscorlib"/> -->
several more lines of <add assembly="

Trint