    when i am accessing the variable x it shows the following error
    "floating point not linked"
    Please tell what is wrong in my coding?

    venkatesh, Dec 2, 2005

  2. venkatesh

    pete Guest

    pete, Dec 2, 2005

  3. venkatesh

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    venkatesh wrote:
    > hai ,
    > i am using turboc++ compiler to run my c program.
    > i written an program with structure sa foolws
    >
    > struct s
    > {
    > float x;
    > }y;
    > when i am accessing the variable x it shows the following error
    > "floating point not linked"
    > Please tell what is wrong in my coding?

    There are more compilers(16 bit) producing that effect.
    If you do no actual calculation,the linker leaves out the
    library ,cure is:
    double x;
    ..
    ..
    ..
    ..
    x=x+2.1;
    before your print statement.
    My compiler was from microsoft C 6.
    leaving out float support for printing makes programs much
    smaller(for those two compilers).

    Sjouke Burry, Dec 2, 2005