    for a split second and then my page I am navigating to.

    How do I display the "Please Wait..." before the server side code kicks
    in? Thanks.

    Jason ., Aug 24, 2004

  2. http://www.aspfaq.com/2498

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/
    (Reverse address to reply.)

    Aaron [SQL Server MVP], Aug 24, 2004

  3. Jason .

    Jason . Guest

    Thanks. The example works great but when I apply it to my page I get a
    blank page for a few seconds and then the "Please Wait..." appears for a
    split second and then the rest of the page is displayed.

    I need the Please Wait to appear as soon as the page is loaded, prior to
    the server side script. It seems that the server side script is being
    processed and then the message appears.

    I have a bunch of database related calls and web services going on and
    then I display the page. I put the Response.Flush right after the
    "Please Wait" script. Should I be putting this at the top of the page?

    Jason ., Aug 24, 2004
  4. Jason .

    Larry Bud Guest

    Jason . <> wrote in message news:<u#>...
    > Thanks. The example works great but when I apply it to my page I get a
    > blank page for a few seconds and then the "Please Wait..." appears for a
    > split second and then the rest of the page is displayed.
    >
    > I need the Please Wait to appear as soon as the page is loaded, prior to
    > the server side script. It seems that the server side script is being
    > processed and then the message appears.
    >
    > I have a bunch of database related calls and web services going on and
    > then I display the page. I put the Response.Flush right after the
    > "Please Wait" script. Should I be putting this at the top of the page?

    Why is your page so slow loading as to require a Please Wait message
    in the first place?
    Larry Bud, Aug 25, 2004