please walkthrough with me

Guest

hey all,
here's my exact walkthrough:

1. i create a new web application in vs.net 2003
2. i drag a radiobuttonlist control onto the form
3. i goto to the properties window for the radiobuttonlist and click on
(Collection) for the Items property.
4. i add 2 items and make the first item selected by default.
5. i changed the AutoPostBack to True for the radiobuttonlist
6. i add a button and in the code behind for the button i add
radiobuttonlist1.selectedindex=-1
7. i create a stub for radiobuttonlist1_SelectedIndexChanged and add a break
point to End Sub.
8. i also put a break on the end sub for Page_Load.
9. i hit the start button.
10. i press the button on the web form and it clears the selection for
radiobuttonlist.
11. *** i select the same radiobutton item that was selected before i
cleared the list with the button and the page_load event runs but the
radiobuttonlist1_SelectedIndexChanged does not run.
11a. if i clicked any other radiobutton item than the one that was selected
the radiobuttonlist1_SelectedIndexChanged does run. Any ideas?

rodchar.

Mr Newbie

Yes, I can replicate this functionality.

The seems to be an anomoly of some kind. Instead of setting the property
for option 0 to be selected using the designer put the following line in the
Page_Load Event. It then works as you would like it to.

Me.RadioButtonList1.SelectedIndex = 0

Guest

thank you.