Ploblem with Da.Fill(Ds)

Jorge Maganto

Hi!
I'm building a site in ASP.NET which makes a query that
return 50.000 results, this result is read by
a DataAdapter to a DataSet (myDataAdter.Fill(myDataSet)).
The problem is if the query is made by two users at the
same time, the second user take a error.
The problem is that 'Fill' internal uses a DataReader and
only one DataReader can be opened at the time,
and when the 2 users open the DataReader (internal to
Fill) throw a exception.
How can read the results in other way, without use Fill or
DataReader?

Thanks in advance.

anon

I am not aware of any issues regarding data adapters and
filling datasets - at least not the kind you mention :)

Are you sure each session is using its own instance of the
database connection, command and adapter objects?

What type of database are you connecting to? The CSV file
driver does not permit shared connections in some
situations.

Regards,

Darren