Ploneboard - grouping forums and setting up on disk

Discussion in 'Python' started by Paul Rudin, May 23, 2008.

  1. Paul Rudin

    Paul Rudin Guest

    I'm investigating using ploneboard and have a couple of questions.

    First of all I don't quite get what the global view/local view
    distinction is - perhaps someone could be good enough to explain what
    it's for.

    If it possible to group forums so that permissions can be applied to
    each set so - for example - we have a set of public forums viewable by
    everyone and a set of member's forums viewable only by logged in
    members. I understand that permission can be set for each forum
    individially, but it would be nice to have a grouping so that a new
    forum can be added to a group and it automatically gets the appropriate
    permissions for that group.

    Finally - is it possible to configure the available forums and
    permission on disk, so that a given forum structure can easily be setup
    in a new plone instance without having to redo it through the web each
    time?

    TIA.
    Paul Rudin, May 23, 2008