    any body help me out with this ...
    regards
    Vivek
    Vivek, Oct 16, 2006

  2. Vivek

    santosh Guest

    Vivek wrote:
    > hi
    > i am doing a project on N/W mgmt systems using C language. i want to
    > know how to plot graphs in C language. ... there are packages (out of
    > the std's) available for this, such as :- GTK , QT ,OpenGL ... can
    > any body help me out with this ...
    > regards
    > Vivek

    Well, the various packages you've just mentioned should contain
    sufficient documentation to get you up and running. Also try posting to
    their respective mailing lists but do read any FAQs first.

    Since this group is about ISO C, unless you show us some of your actual
    C code, not much advice can be given. If your question is an
    algorithmic one, comp.programming may be a better place to ask.

    <OT>
    If the implementation language is not relevant to the project, you
    might want to take a look at langauges more suitable for this purpose
    like S and Fortran
    </OT>
    santosh, Oct 16, 2006

  3. Vivek

    Guest

    santosh wrote:
    > Vivek wrote:
    > > hi
    > > i am doing a project on N/W mgmt systems using C language. i want to
    > > know how to plot graphs in C language. ... there are packages (out of
    > > the std's) available for this, such as :- GTK , QT ,OpenGL ... can
    > > any body help me out with this ...
    > > regards
    > > Vivek

    > Well, the various packages you've just mentioned should contain
    > sufficient documentation to get you up and running. Also try posting to
    > their respective mailing lists but do read any FAQs first.
    >
    > Since this group is about ISO C, unless you show us some of your actual
    > C code, not much advice can be given. If your question is an
    > algorithmic one, comp.programming may be a better place to ask.
    >
    > <OT>
    > If the implementation language is not relevant to the project, you
    > might want to take a look at langauges more suitable for this purpose
    > like S and Fortran
    > </OT>

    Fortran does not contain graphics primitives either.
    The graphics tools mentioned by the OP do not draw graphs.

    Really, the best way to solve a tools question is a google request to
    turn up stuff like this:
    http://www.gnu.org/software/plotutils/

    or a sourceforge search to turn up stuff like this:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtb

    I guess that neither of these things is really what the OP wants, but
    the OP can search a lot better than we can, since only the OP knows the
    actual requirements.
    , Oct 16, 2006