    manipulate images. So is there a simple module for 2D graphics and
    plot pixels

    , Sep 13, 2007

  2. Paul McGuire Guest

    On Sep 13, 1:03 pm, wrote:
    > hi to all
    > I am just a beginner of python. I want to know how pixels are plotted
    > in python. I am not intending to use PIL because I don't need to
    > manipulate images. So is there a simple module for 2D graphics and
    > plot pixels

    Here is a *very* simple-minded module for creating BMP files, that
    supports drawing points, lines, and simple shapes.

    http://www.geocities.com/ptmcg/python/index.html#bmp

    -- Paul

    Paul McGuire, Sep 13, 2007

    On Sep 13, 11:22 pm, Paul McGuire <> wrote:
    > On Sep 13, 1:03 pm, wrote:
    >
    > > hi to all
    > > I am just a beginner of python. I want to know how pixels are plotted
    > > in python. I am not intending to use PIL because I don't need to
    > > manipulate images. So is there a simple module for 2D graphics and
    > > plot pixels

    > Here is a *very* simple-minded module for creating BMP files, that
    > supports drawing points, lines, and simple shapes.
    >
    > http://www.geocities.com/ptmcg/python/index.html#bmp
    >
    > -- Paul

    No currently I am using a canvas from the Tkinter module
    What I actually want is to show how a line is plotted pixel by pixel
    using a delay loop. I want functions something like putpixel not
    draw_line

    , Sep 13, 2007
  4. On Thu, Sep 13, 2007 at 06:37:43PM -0000, wrote regarding Re: plotting pixels in python:

    > On Sep 13, 11:22 pm, Paul McGuire <> wrote:
    > > On Sep 13, 1:03 pm, wrote:
    > >
    > > > hi to all
    > > > I am just a beginner of python. I want to know how pixels are plotted
    > > > in python. I am not intending to use PIL because I don't need to
    > > > manipulate images. So is there a simple module for 2D graphics and
    > > > plot pixels

    > > Here is a *very* simple-minded module for creating BMP files, that
    > > supports drawing points, lines, and simple shapes.
    > >
    > > http://www.geocities.com/ptmcg/python/index.html#bmp
    > >
    > > -- Paul

    > No currently I am using a canvas from the Tkinter module
    > What I actually want is to show how a line is plotted pixel by pixel
    > using a delay loop. I want functions something like putpixel not
    > draw_line

    The question to your answer can be found here:

    Cheers,
    Cliff

    J. Clifford Dyer, Sep 13, 2007
  5. Paul McGuire Guest

    On Sep 13, 1:37 pm, wrote:
    > On Sep 13, 11:22 pm, Paul McGuire <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Sep 13, 1:03 pm, wrote:

    > > > hi to all
    > > > I am just a beginner of python. I want to know how pixels are plotted
    > > > in python. I am not intending to use PIL because I don't need to
    > > > manipulate images. So is there a simple module for 2D graphics and
    > > > plot pixels

    > > Here is a *very* simple-minded module for creating BMP files, that
    > > supports drawing points, lines, and simple shapes.

    > >http://www.geocities.com/ptmcg/python/index.html#bmp

    > > -- Paul

    > No currently I am using a canvas from the Tkinter module
    > What I actually want is to show how a line is plotted pixel by pixel
    > using a delay loop. I want functions something like putpixel not
    > draw_line

    Oh! Google for "bresenham" and then you can plot pixels on your
    canvas using that algorithm.

    -- Paul

    Paul McGuire, Sep 13, 2007
  6. On Sep 13, 11:37 am, wrote:
    > No currently I am using a canvas from the Tkinter module
    > What I actually want is to show how a line is plotted pixel by pixel
    > using a delay loop. I want functions something like putpixel not
    > draw_line

    Try drawing 1px wide rectangles.

    Jonathan Gardner, Sep 13, 2007