    points plotted?

    Thanks,
    Bob Perlman
    Bob Perlman, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Bob Perlman

    Paul M Guest

    Bob Perlman wrote:

    > Hi -
    >
    > I've been getting good results using the DISLIN data plotting package
    > with Python. But I've been unable to plot points instead of curves.
    > Can someone tell me how to turn off the between-points interpolation?
    > And if there is a way to do it, is there a way to change the style of
    > points plotted?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob Perlman

    Hi Bob,

    For a slightly more pythonic wrapper around DISLIN see:

    http://kim.bio.upenn.edu/~pmagwene/disipyl.html

    --Paul
    Paul M, Aug 1, 2003

  3. I think what you're looking for is the scatter plot command. The python
    documentation is in PDF and I can't link to that, but here is the
    general idea:

    http://www.linmpi.mpg.de/dislin/kap16.html#section_2

    Also, I *highly* recommend that you check out PyChart. I find it to be
    much easier to use than DISLIN.

    http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Yasushi_Saito/pychart

    On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 04:57:28PM +0000, Bob Perlman wrote:
    > Hi -
    >
    > I've been getting good results using the DISLIN data plotting package
    > with Python. But I've been unable to plot points instead of curves.
    > Can someone tell me how to turn off the between-points interpolation?
    > And if there is a way to do it, is there a way to change the style of
    > points plotted?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob Perlman

    Francis Barnhart

    http://francisbarnhart.com
    AIM: FrAniMaL

    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
    Francis Barnhart, Aug 1, 2003