Plotting points with DISLIN

Bob Perlman

Hi -

I've been getting good results using the DISLIN data plotting package
with Python. But I've been unable to plot points instead of curves.
Can someone tell me how to turn off the between-points interpolation?
And if there is a way to do it, is there a way to change the style of
points plotted?

Thanks,
Bob Perlman

Paul M

Bob said:
Hi -

I've been getting good results using the DISLIN data plotting package
with Python. But I've been unable to plot points instead of curves.
Can someone tell me how to turn off the between-points interpolation?
And if there is a way to do it, is there a way to change the style of
points plotted?

Thanks,
Bob Perlman

Hi Bob,

For a slightly more pythonic wrapper around DISLIN see:

http://kim.bio.upenn.edu/~pmagwene/disipyl.html

--Paul

Francis Barnhart

I think what you're looking for is the scatter plot command. The python
documentation is in PDF and I can't link to that, but here is the
general idea:

http://www.linmpi.mpg.de/dislin/kap16.html#section_2

Also, I *highly* recommend that you check out PyChart. I find it to be
much easier to use than DISLIN.

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Yasushi_Saito/pychart

--
Francis Barnhart
(e-mail address removed)

-- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759