    any help.

    With kind regards

    Rolf Wester

    Rolf Wester, May 30, 2005

  2. Look at wxPython

    Regards,

    Philippe

    Philippe C. Martin, May 30, 2005

  3. Rolf Wester

    Guest

    , May 30, 2005
  4. Rolf Wester

    Rolf Wester Guest

    Philippe C. Martin wrote:
    > Look at wxPython
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Philippe

    I will do it, thank you for your reply.

    Rolf

    Rolf Wester, May 31, 2005
  5. Rolf Wester

    Rolf Wester Guest

    wrote:
    > We use dislin in my lab. I don't think it's GPL...
    >
    > http://www.linmpi.mpg.de/dislin

    Hi,

    thank you for your reply. I tried dislin but this didn't work very well
    for me. But I will try it again.

    Regards

    Rolf

    Rolf Wester, May 31, 2005
  6. Hi Philippe,

    You may want to look at HippoDraw application. The web site is
    http://www.slac.stanford.edu/grp/ek/hippodraw/. I have used both
    the C++ api and python bindings. They have a layer of python called
    hippoplotter.py to make it easy to instance the basic plotting canvase
    and place multiple plots on it. This tool is built on Qt and it was
    very easy for me to get going with it.

    Maybe worth looking at.

    Len

    Philippe C. Martin wrote:

    > Look at wxPython
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Philippe
    >

    > Rolf Wester wrote:
    >

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I have a Python console application that is intended to be used
    >>interactively and I have to add plotting capabilities (multiple XY plots
    >>and if possible 2D-surface plots). I'm loocking for a reasonably fast
    >>plotting library (not GPL'ed, needs not be for free) that can be used
    >>under Windows. An alternative would also be a standalone application
    >>that can be controlled via TCP/IP from my Python application. I tried
    >>matplotlib but this is not fast enough (especially under Windows). I
    >>considered PyQwt but this is GPL'ed. So I would be very appreciative for
    >>any help.
    >>
    >>With kind regards
    >>
    >>Rolf Wester

    Leonard J. Reder
    Jet Propulsion Laboratory
    Interferometry Systems and Technology Section 383
    Email:
    Phone (Voice): 818-354-3639
    Phone (FAX): 818-354-4357
    Mail Address:
    Mail Stop: 171-113
    4800 Oak Grove Dr.
    Pasadena, CA. 91109

    Leonard J. Reder, May 31, 2005
  7. Rolf Wester

    Magnus Lyck? Guest

    Rolf Wester <> wrote in message news:<429c2564$>...
    > Philippe C. Martin wrote:
    > > Look at wxPython

    > I will do it, thank you for your reply.

    What you want specifically for the drawing in wx is probably
    a Device Context. (Typically a wxClientDC, but you might
    want to swap to e.g. a wxPrinterDC at times...) Read more
    at http://wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.5.3/wx_dcoverview.html

    Magnus Lyck?, Jun 2, 2005
  8. Rolf Wester wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Python console application that is intended to be used
    > interactively and I have to add plotting capabilities (multiple XY plots
    > and if possible 2D-surface plots). I'm loocking for a reasonably fast
    > plotting library (not GPL'ed, needs not be for free) that can be used
    > under Windows. An alternative would also be a standalone application
    > that can be controlled via TCP/IP from my Python application. I tried
    > matplotlib but this is not fast enough (especially under Windows). I
    > considered PyQwt but this is GPL'ed. So I would be very appreciative for
    > any help.

    Have a look at matplotib, which provides already embeddable widgets for most
    common toolkits. It lacks surface plotting, for which VTK/mayavi can come in
    handy. If you want interactive console support, IPython can be
    embedded/extended, and it handles automatically thread coordination with
    matplotlib with Tk, GTK, WX and Qt (windows, linux and osx). Both come with a
    BSD license.

    Regards,

    Fernando Perez, Jun 2, 2005