Pls Help: Hyperlink containing Container.DataItem not working

VB Programmer

I have this hyperlink in a datalist that is supposed to automatically
include the current "ListingId" field in the hyperlink navigateurl.

<asp:HyperLink id="hlView" runat="server" Font-Bold="True"
NavigateUrl='SearchDetails.aspx?ListingId=<%#Container.DataItem("ListingId")%>'>View</asp:HyperLink>&nbsp;

It ALMOST works, but this is the link it's producing..

SearchDetails.aspx?ListingId=<%#Container.DataItem("ListingId")%>

It's NOT substituting the data. I've verified that the query IS returning
valid data.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!