PLS HELP-"Open in New Tab/Window" not working

Guest

Whenever I right-click on "Open in New Tab/Window" my website ALWAYS opens in
the same window/tab. This is most likely a programming issue because when I
visit other websites it works just fine. Is this something that I can change
with my code inside ASP.NET/C#.NET? And where?

Does anyone know how to avoid this? It is very annoying and the website is
not working as it should. People should be able to open new tabs/windows on
my website whenever the please.

PLS HELP! Thanks in advance, been trying to figure this out for a few
months now...

Mark Fitzpatrick

Do you have a target set on any of the links, such as target="_self", or a
<base target="_self"> tag?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

you most likley specify a target window, which would cause this behavior
(the point of using a target)

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Not that I know of. I'm not even using <a href> type links, it's all asp.net
controls such as <asp:LinkButton ID="lb1" runat="server" Text="Link" />.

Plus, when I use the autocomplete feature in .NET to see if the word "base"
or "target" exists for that controls properties, it's not listed.

All these buttons are linked to hard-code in the .cs files that use
Server.Transfer(page location) or Response.Redirect(page location), so there
is no specific setting (that I am aware of) saying that it should use itself
as the target window.

Hmm...I'm still confused. Thank you for the help, any other suggestions I
can check on?

Guest

Please check my reply to Mark. It's one post above.

I am not aware of any specific setting for target windows. All my links
asp.net controls such as <asp:LinkButton ID="lb1" runat="server" Text="Link"
/> so there is no target set, unless it's done automatically somewhere by the
compiler?

Thank you for the help, please let me know if you have other suggestions.