pls recommend a graphic library

Jerry Fleming

Can anyone please recommend a graphic library of C, cross-platform,
especially for Linux?

Currently, I have SVGAlib in my mind. How is your recommendation
compared with it?

Tom St Denis

Jerry said:
Can anyone please recommend a graphic library of C, cross-platform,
especially for Linux?

Currently, I have SVGAlib in my mind. How is your recommendation
compared with it?

Wickedly off topic but you can try Allegro.

Last I used it in 2004 it was decent with a good API and worked well in
various OSes. It's not x86_64 compatible [last I tried a few months
ago] but it should work fine on anything else.

Allegro is a complete game lib though with sound, mouse, timers,
keyboard, etc.

If you just want pixel pushing SDL may work. It's portable.

Failing that OpenGL works too, it's just less meant for 2D pixel
pushing than the others.

Tom

Mark McIntyre

Can anyone please recommend a graphic library of C, cross-platform,
especially for Linux?

You might be better to ask this in a unix programming group. Its not
topical here.
--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan

backasswards

Mark said:
You might be better to ask this in a unix programming group. Its not
topical here.

Yes, I agree Mark Mcintyre. This thread should not be applied
topically. Furthermore, oral use is only recommended after consultation
with a doctor. Side affects may include, nausea, headache, vomiting,
and sudden appearance of flames in response to this thread. Side
affects were generally mild. Ask your doctor if comp.lang.c is right
for you.

Jerry Fleming

Yes, I agree Mark Mcintyre. This thread should not be applied
topically. Furthermore, oral use is only recommended after consultation
with a doctor. Side affects may include, nausea, headache, vomiting,
and sudden appearance of flames in response to this thread. Side
affects were generally mild. Ask your doctor if comp.lang.c is right
for you.
Sorry, I didn't intend to violate the rules, but I am a newbie to
comp.lang.c. Thanks, Tom. It is very kind of you to help anyway.

Mark McIntyre

Sorry, I didn't intend to violate the rules, but I am a newbie to
comp.lang.c. Thanks, Tom. It is very kind of you to help anyway.

Its worth learning how to spot the trolls too... :)

--
Mark McIntyre

--Brian Kernighan