Pluggable Web Application (i.e. Module Based?)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Spam Catcher, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. Spam Catcher

    Spam Catcher Guest

    Anyone have some good references for building a pluggable interface for web
    projects? I like to be able to plug in DLLs for different functions for a
    web portal (i.e. User Management DLL, Calculator DLL, etc). These DLLs can
    do anything.

    I understand DotNetNuke can do this - but the framework is a bit "heavy"
    for my liking.

    I also found a good article on MSDN:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/asp.net/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-
    us/dnaspp/html/pluginframework.asp

    Also note, I'm building an application which is distributed to several
    clients - so preferably (not firm requirement) the framework is database
    independent and lightweight (i.e. You can just drop a DLL into a directory
    and the framework will pick up the new funtion).

    Any other references or suggestions out there?

    --
    Stan Kee ()

    Spam Catcher, Dec 8, 2005