Plugin incompatibilities?

Ike

I have an applet for a customer company wherein they must download the
latest Java 2 plugin (this is a Swing JApplet).

Ive never heard of any incompatibilities with installing Suns Java 2 plugin.

However, my customer company has just sent me the following:

"By the way, the Java applet processor I downloaded to run the software has
disabled some other Company software on my PC (things like our web enabled
expense reporting system). I've found a work around by uninstalling the Java
program we loaded, but we'll have to work something else out before we
launch to our company's computer network."

Do any of you good folks out there have any ideas what could be the problem
here? I'm anxious to hear your thoughts. Thanks, Ike

SteveE

Ike said:
I have an applet for a customer company wherein they must download the
latest Java 2 plugin (this is a Swing JApplet).

Ive never heard of any incompatibilities with installing Suns Java 2 plugin.

However, my customer company has just sent me the following:

"By the way, the Java applet processor I downloaded to run the software has
disabled some other Company software on my PC (things like our web enabled
expense reporting system). I've found a work around by uninstalling the Java
program we loaded, but we'll have to work something else out before we
launch to our company's computer network."

Do any of you good folks out there have any ideas what could be the problem
here? I'm anxious to hear your thoughts. Thanks, Ike

Their Company software probably requires the MS JVM (probably CAB files
or somesuch). What they can do is install another browser such as
Mozilla to run your applet using the latest Java plugin, and leave
Internet Explorer to use it's own JVM.

SteveE.